David Archuleta: Welcome to the Losers' Circle

5/22/2008 12:57 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Now that little Davey has been crowned runner-up, he joins Justin Guarini, Diana DeGarmo, Bo Bice, Katharine McPhee and Blake Lewis in the long list of names you'll immediately forget about after reading this post.

His one shining hope -- turning out like Clay Aiken. That's dim.

Jon's a grwon man...he did this to himself!

88. 86. Dear "huh?" -- blah, blah, blah..... When you have celebrities going on record (ie, Naomi Judd) saying Jeff Archuleta is the Stage Dad From Hell, that lends itself to some credibility. And being in that "atmosphere" for as long has he has, then hell yeah, he knew Idol would have to pay for two songs. Doesn't take a brain surgeon to figure that one out.

Posted at 8:51PM on May 22nd 2008 by lady godiva

Considering the source was Naomi Judd, the woman with some talent who rode the coattail of her extemely talented daughter, well, I chose not to give much credibility to her. Didn't she raise her daughters without a father and only recently told her youngest that the man she thought was her father, was not. Man issues? Finally, she admitted the real reason her daughters didn't look alike! She's hardly one to stand on her self-righteous high-horse.

Many of todays songs have lyrics that are unacceptable to conservative people. It wouldn't surprise me at all if the message of the lyrics was at the core of real battle going on between Jeff and Nigel. I doubt Nigel and Jeff hold to the same conservative beliefs and values. Bottom line was Jeff was right about the lyrics and AI makes more than enough to cover the price of two songs. Get a grip!

I am more bothered by Andrew Lloyd Webber interferring with Carly's song choice and making on-air references to David A's tendency to close his eyes (this could have been talked about privately as it made this habit more noticable). While I personally like the song and understood why Webber pushed it for Carly, he did not seem to understand that this was a competition and her choice of song could hurt her chances. Jesus Christ Superstar was and is a controversial play. Many conservatives, which include a large part of the audience of AI, consider the song to be blasphemous. That, coupled with her tattoos, was why, I believe she did not make it to at least the semi-finals. She needed the conservative vote.

I was thinking the whole time Carly was singing that, while it was a fantastic job, she had nailed the coffin for herself in the competition by sing the song she did.

Star

#65 I could go to Disney Land and see a bunch of Archies I dont care that we dont agree but tif write stuff that isnt true I will make my point Archie is good but can only sing one type of songs which to imagine in concert would be boring Slamming Cooks looks is immature because some, well a ton of girls think he is hot. He has the rocker look and it works!

Media whores

His dad lost it for him... I was voting for Archuleta until nazi stage dad started acting stupid. Plus, the man picked idiotic music for his son...the guy has zero taste in actual music (too old).
As for David... he'll do something, but not quite sure what. All of his songs sound the same... he sounds rehearsed. Can't imaging hearing him on the radio.
Needs to get away from Daddy Dearest and do his own thing.

Den

For all those that think David Archuleta sings only one type of song, I suggest you go to YOUTUBE and listen to "THINK OF ME" the REMIX dance version that Sonic Ether did. I hope he records this version and actually puts it out on an album. The song actually rocks if you like remix dance.

SO SICK OF BRITNEY

David A. could thank his dad for not winning the "American Idol" title. I bet the executives of A.I. did not want to deal with a controlling father like his. David A. should wait until he is eighteen years old to make his own decision. His father needs to butt out or this could turn out like a Gary Coleman case.

Christina

there was a comment made tonight about america getting tired of archie's dad and that being why he lost....NO! NO! NO! america KNOWS talent...that's why millions of fans, myself included, will stand by our votes! GO, WORDNERDS!!!

Melissa Sue Anderson

I don't think David A. can have a career even half as good as Clay. Clay has something David doesn't. Personality. Like him or not, he is very smart and funny as hell. (did any of you see him in Spamalot? OMFG!) They both sing the same type of AC radio music, but I just cannot see David A. giving interesting interviews, doing his own live shows (of wich Clay has done like 8 tours) and such. Now, David C. I think will actually have sucess. His type of music is cookie cutter radio. And he is very articulate, so should do well in interviews.

Maniacal Zebra

I think it's funny that people are saying that the show was rigged for Cook to win, when I didn't even bother to watch because it seemed to me that it was rigged for Archie since day one.

Does Archie have talent? Sure. The problem was that his audience was more limited than Cook's. Cook has broader appeal than the kid. While AI is a talent show, the object is to find commercial talent. Clearly, people thought that Cook was the one who would be a commercial success. That's show biz.

Havok

I was actually shocked when Cook one, but I think it was more deserved. No offense to Archie but he can only really sing one kind of song, a slow ballad. I'm not saying he doesn't sing that well, but being stuck to that style is kind of limiting. While in the finale Cook sang 3 different styles of songs, its just easier to make an album when every song isn't the same thing over and over and over. But having said that I believe Archie has a great chance of becoming the next Clay, all he has to do is sell one or two really hot albums before fading away to Broadway and I think he can at the very least pull that off.

SH

DAVID ARCHULETA HAS JUST BEEN SIGNED WITH JIVE RECORDS!!! GUESS HE WON'T BE FORGOTTEN ABOUT VERY SOON, ESPECIALLY WHEN HIS MILLIONS OF FANS BUY HIS CD AND IT GOES PLATINUM. Seems that runner-up status is a pretty desired position to be in.

L

I WAS HOPING HE'D WIN JUST SOO HIS DAD DOESN'T BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF HIM!!!

Bethany

I just love the compliment that you paid Clay Aiken! He is most deserving of such a respectful comment. If in doubt, just check out his latest CD -- On My Way Here. It showcases his voice and the production is supurb. (If only there had been 4 hours of voting on 3 phone lines allowed during season2, Clay might not have been the runner-up, with less than 1% separating winner and 2nd place.)

Whereas, I was more of a fan of David Cook's performance abilities and musical skills this season. I do recognize that David Archuletta has a good voice. I am sure that if he is willing to work hard and take opportunities that are presented to him, he will grow into an accomplished performer.

I wish them both the best.

AI sux

David Archuleta will not last. I don't care who signs him. Its all a risk. You assume that he will do good, maybe for a couple years. Then he will be a has been..He's HOT right now, due to the expostore. It will all die out. You'll all see. I wonder if he going to come true to his GAYNESS...Or keep it in the closet behide close doors..
COOK KICKED ASS..........ARCHULETAS BEEN COOKED!!! By American Idol and COOK.

lady godiva

Archie is young, but EXTREMELY talented. He has a voice and interpretation of music way beyond his young 17 years - a God-given talent. Yes, his interviewing skills leave a lot to be desired (saying "like" every other word is annoying), but he's still VERY young. Give him a few years -- he will come into his own and mature into a fantastic performer. As a professional musician and educator, I can see talent. And that boy has talent! Both Davids are very talented, and I see them both going a long way. And on top of that, they are genuinely nice people. How refreshing in this day and age!

RONNIE

David Archuleta was the real winner! He won't have to sign a American Idol contract! David Cook now belongs to Simon for many years to come.