Sharon Stone Calls Chinese Earthquake "Karma"

5/26/2008 3:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

When is a natural disaster a good thing? When the afflicted country commits human rights violations -- at least according to Sharon Stone.

Stone gave an interview while on the red carpet at Cannes this weekend in which -- after recounting all of China's atrocities -- she wondered, "All these earthquake and stuff happened and I thought, 'Is that karma?' When you are not nice that bad things happen to you." My name is Sharon!

Sharon went on to say she has come around and no longer thinks the death of over 60,000 people is cosmic payback. "Basic Instinct 2" is a whole other story.

Nowhere Man

What an idiot! Did she hear about karma from Carson Daley? Does she have a list? I repeat, idiot!

blah blah

lol she talks about human rights then she says 10.000 people dying is karma......WHAT A STUPID BITCH !!!! seriously this needs to end her sad carreer...no one in hollywood should ever give her a job again......pretty much like it is now lol dum whore

diane

your saggy ass is karma, sharon.

She's right. Do you see how they boil cats alive and eat them? They're sick.

Mariah

But it's okay for people to say we deserved 9-11? It's a dumbass remark on her part but no one got as riled up as this over others saying the U.S. got payback for things we have done...

Zoya

I dont think she meant it to come out the way it did..... Having said this karma is a bitch........ Theres how many people in China living under a communist eltist rule who control everything they do their freedom to be free to speak their minds. Well with all the people living in that nation isnt it ironic they act like sheep and just settle for a dictatorship. Karmas a bitch alrite especially when u act like sheep and dont rise up against tryrany.... and force ur children and their children to settle for less then what they deserve... (and yes its sad that many people died but I wont give to people outside the US for disaster releif. We need to take care of our own people before we go trying to save the sheep of the world) Luv u all go ahead flame me for my freedom to voice my opinions, trust me I can take it!!

steveforbertfan

Am I the only person that actually listened to what she said. She actually was very reasoned and her opinion and its consequence was very articulately stated and thought out. I know it is cool to bash celebs on TMZ but really this is the first time when a celeb actually made sense.

People give it a break and listen to the whole comment, don't be so judgmental!

barfy

China is not trying to kill our children.
They need the US as much as the US needs them.
After all, we owe them billions od dollars so
why would they want to kill their biggest debtor?

Lenn K.

Sharon, I sure there are some people who might think this, but the people of China don't deserve this any more than we had to watch you pimp Basic Instinct 2 which was a piece of garbage. Stop talking and go shop with Madonna or Melanie Griffin. You are not only over the hill, you're hanging on to your youth with the last fingernail that you got.

King Bob

Just when you thought you’ve heard the most ridiculous and stupidest thing ever uttered, Sharon Stone steps up to the microphone and delivers this drivel.
Look up loser in the dictionary and you’ll see a picture of Sharon.

rachel

WHoa!
SHe just invited karma on her sour @ss!
She done for!

Liz

Diane ~ That is funny!

Celebrities need to stay OUT of polotics and religion.......................they use that celeb thing to project there thoughts and beliefs on us! I for one, don't really give a rats ass what they (celebs) think or believe! Keep it to yourself Sharon!

Jeff Dranetz

She is no different than those idiots who profess that gay rights has led to the American war dead. 99.999% the people living in China have nothing to do with civil rights violations. They are just hard working honest people trying to make a living. Religious freedom is not a universal concept. It is unique to the United States, a situation many of us take for granted.

boyson

Did she also get a lobotomy to go with her plastic surgery? What an airhead. This is a perfect example why everyone do not take celebrities seriously.

J

CHINA HAS TRIED TO POISON OUR CHILDREN!!!
I SUPPOSE THAT IS OK WITH ALL YOU MORONS< BUT GOD FORBID SOMEONE SAY SOMETHING NASTY.
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN MEAN WORDS AND LEAD PAINT!