Sharon Stone Calls Chinese Earthquake "Karma"

5/26/2008 3:06 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

When is a natural disaster a good thing? When the afflicted country commits human rights violations -- at least according to Sharon Stone.

Stone gave an interview while on the red carpet at Cannes this weekend in which -- after recounting all of China's atrocities -- she wondered, "All these earthquake and stuff happened and I thought, 'Is that karma?' When you are not nice that bad things happen to you." My name is Sharon!

Sharon went on to say she has come around and no longer thinks the death of over 60,000 people is cosmic payback. "Basic Instinct 2" is a whole other story.

VoteRep

Hey, China is trying to kill our children, along w/ the rest of us w/ all of their lead products, etc., They need a little sumptin to wipe out some of their population.

lexi

just sayin -

why is it selfish to say that?
think about what you are writing
you are the ignorant one ....
Just sayin.. lol lol

frogs and gravel

Is it Karma when a 15 year old girl is kidnapped and raped because
she did not clean her room like her parents asked? I understand the whole
karma thing, but it has to be in certain contexts.

Simon

I totall disagree with her.She was crazy to say this stupid remark and she was completely inhuman.If this happened to her family, would she say in the same way? So many lifves lost in such a severe natural disaster, why she could be so cool???

Normal Person

Typical Hollywood. This is why 95% of the US population realize that actor-morons should not be taken seriously and are, in fact, clowns. It is our fault though - we give them too much money and praise - they now feel like they are qualified to speak on social issues. SHOWING YOUR BEAV IN A MOVIE DOESN'T QUALIFY YOU TO PROVIDE VALID SOCIAL COMMENTARY!!!

Sorry - so tired of these folks actually believing they are more important than us 'commoners' and making irresponsible statements like this.

Kelli

Sharon should run for public office...*roll my eyes*

Mariah

I can see part of her point about the govt. I bet they are regretting their "1 child only policy" now. And for those who say the ordinary people have not done anything wrong, I beg to differ. Drowning or abandoning their baby girls for not being boys, their record as earlier posters have mentioned regarding animal abuse...I hope some of the soldiers lost family members. After all this is an army that shot and killed MONKS for crying out loud. Can you imagine our army killing priests, nuns, or rabbis in the street for protesting abortion or anti-death penalty, etc.?? China is a pretty messed up place.

kc

I wonder what 'karma' has in store for fat-mouthed, know-it all, spoiled rotten millionaires who say horrible things on the pretentious pulpit that is the red-carpet...I know what I HOPE it is.

Works with China everyday

UMM She's right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! For someone who works with China on a day to day basis, these people are not the least bit compassionate or ethical. They are greedy as HELL and always lie. ALWAYS. And because they just MUST build sky scraper buildings made of pure steel, our economy is f$^&ing up!!!!!

Liv

Thanks so much for posting this video. I thought the media would just look past it.

Its one thing to disagree witht he Chinese government, its another thing to say its karma on all of its residents.

Sharon Stone needs to keep her mouth shut.

rusty RA

HEAR ANOTHER CODED MESSAGE, AND KNOW MORE ABOUT BRITNEY SPEARS AND JAMIE LYNN, ns goes with comment #68 about kARma:"RA-kam"

SAIOD BRITNEY WAS NAZI YOU STUPID PEASNTS

BrITNEY SPEArS:"YES-BE-X-RRa*NaSi*iD"

SO THEN HOW ABOUT SAID AGAIN???

JAMIE LYNN SPEARS:"MY-rSSEL*rA-JEEN-NASi*iD"

Winky Vitalic

Was Hurricane Katrina karma for the US being stuck President F**k Up?

Winky Vitalic

And yes, I'm referring to GW.

Winky Vitalic

And all of the tornadoes in the US this weekend have been retribution for Kelli and Dallas. Ladies, so us all a favor and jump off a tall building or move to Uzbekistan.

j4f

Brain-washed by Dalai Lama?