Jim's Voice Doesn't Carrey Over Loud Chick

6/5/2008 8:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rubber face Jim Carrey and girlfriend Jenny McCarthy put on yet another event for Autism yesterday in Washington, D.C. - this time to rid vaccines of bad toxins. Finally, someone who's taking a stand against immunizations.

Normally, J.C. would be the loudest voice at a rally, but this woman with the megaphone didn't even give Jim or his ass a chance to speak. She neither was nice nor polite, but at least she wasn't funny.

kissyface

My goodness Brian... You are one sad sad individual. My kids came up with Kissy Face. Not that I have to defend myself to you. You apparently have your view. I have mine. Nuff said.

kissyface

Use your brain... YOU ARE SO RIGHT!

ELWhite

Jenny and Jim aren't telling you not to vaccinate your kids...my God people, read their friggin shirts...it seems they want the vaccines to be more "green"....

t

So Googling is your reliable source of information?

Garbosmed

RE: the 500 pound man comment, I think that refers to the flu shot which still contains 25 mg of mercury, which the FDA (or is it EPA) says would be safe for a 500 pound person, based on their mg/lb calculations. These are the amounts being routinely injected into pregnant women and children, along with "trace" amounts in other vaccines. And the aluminum adjuvant in most childhood vaccines has been linked to motor neuron death and Gulf War syndrome (U.S. troops being the other group that routinely gets multiple vaccines.)

That Time Magazine article was nothing but interviews with Pharma shills like Paul Offitt, who is a paid consultant for Merck and a patent-holder on the RotaTeq vaccine. He makes money every time a kid gets a shot, and his words are not to be trusted. A child died from that vaccine last month.

Bernadine Healy, former head of the National Institutes for Health, recently accused the NIH, IOM and CDC of deliberately failing to do the proper studies of vaccines and autism because they are afraid of what they might find.

I think Jenny and Jim are awesome for putting their star power behind a worthy cause. Their willingness to put their reputations on the line against conventional wisdom speaks volumes of their commitment to change that will help us all.

t

I think #17 forgot to mention that the vaccinations we get lower our rates of diseases as compared to countries who do not get vaccinated. You know, the diseases that can kill millions?

Baseball Junkie

Some who has a masters degree... Just what did you get a master's degree in? Clearly not in English or any form of biology. I only have a bachelor's but I know enough to recognize the difference between correlation and causality. Did you ever get vaccinated for measles, mumps, whooping cough or polio? I was born before there was a vaccine for several of those diseases and I have friends who got polio. It's not fun. Have you ever watched anyone die of tetanus? Have you ever known a man who was sterile because he had mumps or measles as a child? Have you ever known a woman who got cervical cancer? You better believe I made sure all of my children had every vaccine available. All of my nieces, nephews and everyone else in my extended family have been vaccinated and the only case of Asperger's (thought to be a mild form of autism) was the one boy who was adopted.

As t, #8, said: The increase in autism is due to the increase in diagnosis not in autism. The incidence in ADHD is increasing for the same reason. Nowadays, if someone doesn't fit the norm, society forces the parents to find a diagnosis. I have known too many children diagnosed as ADHD who were just more energetic than the average and upset the school's apple cart.

I don't care how much research Jenny McCarthy did, I don't take medical advice from an actress any more than I do political advice and anyone who does is a fool.

Go Sox

use yourbrain

#8, your grammar is bad which makes me suspect that you are not very well educated. You are very wrong about the idea of autism being more common simply because we are" labelling them" more. I've worked with special ed kids in schools since the 80's and, believe me, there are WAY more kids now living with autism. They tried mentioning that rationale a couple of years ago and it really doesn't jive. Only a small percentage of kids have a genetic basis for their autism. Jen

nick cant drive 55

Sorry Kissyface, While Jim and is girlfriend are celebraties , they are not Doctors or scientist. They claim ADD is caused but vacanations and this has NEVER been proven.. Until such time we need to keep the vacanations going or things like, Small pox or Polio and other things might return and ADD will be the least of our worries

t

Am I supposed to do use perfect grammar when I'm writing a 30-second entry on this blog?! I bet I am way more educated than you'll ever be.

We know who is unethical

Just look at what vaccines did to Jim Carrey! He's a tard!

Seriously though, mercury in the form of thimersal was removed from vaccines back in 2001. Many of the hysterical activists like no talent Jenny claim that mercury was what was causing kids to become autistic though studies have shown no evidence what so ever that the small traces of thimersal/mercury does this. And the rate of autism has GONE UP since thimersal was removed. Thimersal was put into vaccines to keep bacteria/fungus from growing in it. As well, there is a lot more mercury in the environment than in vaccines and it's more dangerous as it's methylmercury and not ethyl mercury that was part of thimerisal. And btw, Jenny's kid was born in 2002 after the ban of mercruy in vaccine. These people have no scientific understanding or background. They pushing JUNK science. She really does not know what she is talking about just wants to blame something to explain why her child has autism. That's irresponsible and pathetic.

use yourbrain

Person with a doctorate degree in pharmacology:
googling up information is one source of information I use. Like most people with a brain I also read books, magazine even abstracts. I also have children and have worked with children in school settings over the years, and so have seen, first hand this huge shift in incidence of these problems. It would be really nice to have some INDEPENDENT studies done to compare incidence of these illnesses in vaccinated and non-vaccinated populations. But I wouln't hold my breath for the vacc. companies to do that. CHILLS!!! You are of course right about the vaccine program curbing many deadly diseases. I think most people with a brain tend to be objective about things and as such I am not against ALL vaccines but rather would like to see them used sparingly for real, life threatening diseases -not crap like flu or chicken pox. They have screwed up so badly with lying to the public that unfortunately MANY people do not trust the medical community any more. (which is sad because maybe down the road they will come up with something that both prevents a disease AND which is safe). Jen

patty cake

Cult members Scientologists..
idiots. vaccines are fine..when did they get their phd's md's or become scientists?
THESE CULT MEMBERS ARE DANGEROUS.
Both of them are idiots..she's an x $2 whore stripper and he's a homeless comic.
PULEASE people stop your idiot celeb worship.

Baseball Junkie

use yourbrain: Tell me, do you also believe in the grassy knoll and area 51? AIDS from the polio vaccine is totally ridiculous. Assuming that there was ever any "monkey virus" in the polio vaccine, given that it was made and given in batches, it wouldn't have been one person getting HIV, it would have been entire towns. In my hometown, everyone in town came into the school gym and they had teams of doctors giving us the vaccine. Though doctors still aren't completely certain where AIDS started but the genetic studies in 2007 seem to show that HIV arrived in the US from Haiti in the late 60s or early 70s. Therefore it could not have been caused by the polio vaccine unless you are assuming that a Haitian who arrived in the late '60s worked in a laboratory which made the vaccine and somehow contaminated just one dose. Yeah, riiiight.
As far as chicken pox not being deadly, maybe not, but tell some pregnant woman whose baby ends up with birth defects because she was infected or a person who has gone blind or developed encephalitis because of an infection or someone who has ever had shingles, that chickenpox is harmless. Then duck and run like h3LL as they try to kill you.

Go Sox

cartwheel

poor, crazy, balding jim carrey -- be careful what you wish for, pal.