Luke Russert: I've Got Dad on My Side

6/16/2008 10:13 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Luke Russert appeared on the "Today" show this morning, just three days after his father's tragic death -- and told a hilarious -- and touching -- story about getting tatted up ... and his dad's curious reaction.

And just like his dad, Luke shared some sage advice on when to tell your folks about ink.

Kelli

He is proof what a fine man his Dad was. That was very sweet and I wish this family much peace. Great way to start the day TMZ.

buffalogirl

What a wonderful man Luke is. He sounded so much like his Dad. Prayers and sympathy to the Russert family. Tim was taken way too soon.

Tangie

I am soooo taking my pet mouse with me to his funeral!

Liz

What a great young man Luke is .............................May God be with him and his mother during this very painful loss.

Election night will never be the same without Tim Russert!

There is no such thing as reality tv

TMZ-You have finally shown some dignity and class with the coverage of Tim Russert's death.

Twinker

Glad the smiles through the tears.

But seriously, Luke needs to limit the Pastrami sandwiches and beer.

hot snot

truely a sad time losing a man like Tim Russert. A genuinely good person. I am very sad and sorry he won't get to follow this election to the end. He was so excited everytime he would report on a primary or do an interview. If there was one political reporter out there that actually gave a damn it was Tim. Meet the Press was good sunday with the tribute, but it will never be the same again.

my3cent$

I missed the Today show this morning and what a breath of fresh air to see this first on TMZ of all places.

One thing is for sure, Luke was raised to become a great man like his father and grandfather. What an awesome story and I'm so glad his father was alive to see the tat. After the sideways stern look he could give faded, I can imagine that devilish grin must have come across his face.

Kelli

HAHA!!! True but bitterly funny...chicken, how do you come up with this stuff?

UrbanRube

What a great father and son. Now let's compare and contrast with the Hogans, shall we?

Tangie

I really liked Russert....no disrespect intended...but he must have drove people nuts spouting off life lessons every little minute!

Kelli

my3 cent$, I thought the same thing. Luke was also lucky it was a tat of their initials. His Dads reaction might have been different if it was a skull or something. Great kid, lets not forget to give tribute to Mrs.Russert.

MJ

I loved his Dad. The world needs more people like Tim Russert. What a loss...

Tired and Ready for A Nap

In the past few days I have come to the realization that not only was Tim Russert very good at his job, he was a hell of a nice guy, a good husband, a loving Dad and a kind and considerate son.

There aren't too many nice guys who walk this earth. Tim Russert clearly was one of them. God bless his family.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments