Today's Special at Paula Deen's: Fire!

6/16/2008 2:31 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Paula Deen might want to cut down on the butter. A small fire -- caused by a bunch of greasy rags -- broke out last night around 11:00 PM at her restaurant in Savannah. Don't worry though, they're open for lunch today!

Deen's son Jamie told a local paper "I think if we get one round of fried chicken goin' in here you won't smell the smoke at all."

When she heard the news, Paula rushed to the scene in her bathrobe and slippers.

Twinker

Paula is no different than millions of women everywhere that had to fend for themselves after life dealt them a bad hand. She just covered her sorrows in gravy and drowned them in butter which is not a smart thing to do. I just hope she someday starts caring about the lives she has ruined with the artery clogging food she fries up every day of the week. And shame on everyone who finds Paula some Cordon Bleu culinary genius.

angelobuono

IF she did actually run out
in a robe and slippers,

trust she didn't pass up the make up
trailer before making an appearance.

rosie

I watched Paula Deen occasionally in the past but I find her nasily, whining voice too much to take on a regular basis. She cokks up some great looking stuff but just watching makes my arteries harden. So her sons work with her...no big deal there. I just could not cook and eat like she does. That is a heart attack coming on!

Ava

Ina Garten- barefoot Contessa has to be the most boring chef ever! Give me Paula Deen anyday she makes cooking fun.

angelobuono

paula's home cooking is a necessary
addition to the food network of offers.

i'll take her approach any day over that
TRULY whining rachel get-out-of my ray.

that annoying girl is SO pushy and just rubs most
people ( except okra winfrey ) the wrong way.

( anybody that okra puts her label on seems to be
annoying; hence dr, phil, million little pieces, etc. )

so please don't defend the family
business shelter for the boys.

neither one of them could ever stake a claim in
this world outside of riding on paula's coattail....

but thanks to good ol mom, they are provided
a pot to piss in and a window to throw it out of.

without her, they would be roommates in a
one-bedroom apartment and sharing a car......

angelobuono

glorified hash slingers;

nasally pigsnuffers;

serves up a heap of guilt;

NICE chicken stripper !

arlene24

Paula Deen is such a PHONEY WIGS & ALL!!!!! She needs to eat MORE of her FATTENING food cause it's show's she's wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyy FAT!!!!!!!

toomanydoggies

I like Paula. She actually enjoys eating. Have you seen those skinny cooking show hosts on the Food Network? Some of these hosts are so thin, that I have to wonder why they host a cooking show. Perhaps they are professional showbiz hosts who want to use the Food Network as a springboard to network television.

Insert comical name here

I love Paula. I've watched her show many times and never seen or heard her give any 'sob story' about being beaten. Sadly, many women in this country are abused, probably by idiots like chicken stripper. Anyway, she seems like a great old gal to me, I've made a few of her dishes and have been pleased by the results. Too high in fat for everyday, but darn good comfort food when some is wanted. As far as her boys, they seem to love her and each other, that is what is important, no?

jerry doremus

im glad no one got hurt i like paula

Twinker

Paula Deen is a beaten and battered country fried moron.

bew

PAULA--Please make cookbooks with nutritional information like how many carbs, etc. My young daughter with type 1 diabetes loves to cook and loves your show, but needs to know how many carbs so she can dose her insulin.

Jan

I have reservations for the 24th. I hope it stays open.

bunny75

Lived in Savannah, ate at the restaurant once. Wasn't impressed and never went back.

Cookie

It's no mystery that the only things you'll be stripping is chickens. You moron, if you eat greasy fatty foods and your life is ruined, that's you're fault, not Paula Deen's. You're that idiot that sued McDonald's because you needed a crane to get out of your house, aren't you? Know your facts before you start moving your lips. Anyway you put it, Paula is eating all the way to the bank, while you're stuck here commenting on TMZ. Yeah you're a REAL authority CHICKEN STRIPPER!

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments