Billy Ray: I Wasn't There, But Her Publicist Was

6/17/2008 9:41 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Billy Ray Cyrus just won't stop slinging the smelly stuff at Annie Leibovitz and Vanity Fair over those saucy Miley shots -- comparing the situation to "stomping in poop."

Of course, when "Today's" Meredith Vieira asked him where the hell he was when the infamous shot was taken, he apparently had more important things to do than look after his baby.

HA HA

1st

RITE ING KLAS

NOT watching the video.... he's the father, BE RESPONSIBLE AND TAKE IT LIKE A MAN.

FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bob. My name is the same forwards and backwards

Is she 18 yet? Looking forward to seeing her in Playboy.

sparkys nemesis

Fourth?:) Silly Ray is just milking the non-even for all it's worth...just 4 the publicity.

Liz

If you give him enough rope, he will eventually hang himself!

Billy Ray, I sincerely hope that you have manged Miley's money correctly because, your 15 minutes as well as Miley's , is about to come to an end!

Real Man

Billy the one hit wonder--is now living off his daughters money and fame--he has no talent!!!!!

Jodi

Are you crayzy or just dumb Dallas? Billy Ray and Miley both star in the most popular kids show on the PLANET Hannah Montana. I know as I have kids and ALL their friends watch the show. Billy Ray also writes most of Miley's music and she has sold MILLIONS of records and they are probably FILTHY rich. Go pound your pud and it is very obvious that you are some overwight pedophile sitting at home on a daily basis chatting on TMZ.

Posted at 9:12AM on Jun 17th 2008 by Dallas

RITE ING KLAS

ANNIE LIEBOVITZ, long standing photographer ICON. That's her claim to fame.
BILLY RAY CYRUS, he finally lost the mullet. That's his claim to fame.

Lori

What is with wearig the sunglasses? He is acting like "oh well life happens." He really doesn't care if his daughter was made into a sex symbol. How sad is that?

Bob

Well, he DID have to go to a concert for the troops.

Robin

Geez Louise, give it a rest. Annie L. is a serious, credible photographer icon. I do not believe, for one minute, that she had to trick Miley into these pictures. The pictures are gorgeous, by the way. I'm sure most of the public wouldn't have given the Vanity Fair cover a second glance if the Cyrus' hadn't started pointing fingers and blaming others. I really like Miley Cyrus. I think she's has talent and she's a good role model for young girls today. Her and her family just ought to let this story go and stop making it more than it really is.

Popsmart

He needs to stop beating a dead horse. No one seems to care anymore! I guess even Miss Miley has gotten over it as well. And if her publicist was there, why wasn't s/he doing anything if Miley was so gosh-darn uncomfortable? I bet she wanted to do that shoot but figured when Daddy saw it, he'd blow a fuse so she turned it against the photographer.

Richard Gobeille

I'm stunned to hear him criticize Annie -- because she is a genuine talent!
So is you Miley, I guess, I wouldn't know, I'm not a teenybopper and I'm not interested in anything that she's done so far.
But if Daddy's not there to suprvise his daughter -- then he has nothing to say in the matter!
Those pictures were NOT offensive -- unless you were some Bible thumper.

Trish

Billy Ray reminds me of Bill Clinton. They sound alike and have the same positive, backwoods expressions...... basic common sense talk. But then these two have very similar backgrounds also.

EGGO

Billy Ray should have stayed there with his daughter and maybe he could have stopped this picture from happening, He said he had something to do (nothing is more important than the welfare of your daughter.) He can blame the photographer and everybody else but Miley is his responsibility not theirs...thats what is wrong with the young people today..parents blaming everyone and not taking responsibility for their children...with his attitude, this will happen again!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments