Amy Winehouse Officially Diseased

6/22/2008 11:53 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Amy WinehouseHuge shocker -- crack, cigarette and who-knows-what-else smoking trainwreck Amy Winehouse has a lung disease.

Winey's father, Mitch, spilled the beans on her hospitalization, admitting the 24-year-old has contracted emphysema -- the same disease Johnny Carson died from when he 79.

Mitch told the Daily Mail, "With smoking crack cocaine and the cigarettes her lungs are all gunked up ... She's got 70 per cent lung capacity."

Amy has been in the hospital since collapsing in her London home last week.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

1st

1st

IhateJon

She has to be the most DISGUSTING, NASTY LOOKING HUMAN BEING I'VE EVER LAID EYES ON!!! I wouldn't be surprised if she winds up having AIDS too!

StarrStruck

What a mess.

anon

Well, what are we supposed to say? Smokers are always the first to say that they don't want to hear preaching about their nasty habit, and it is their free choice to smoke. So when they get sick from it we are supposed to feel sorry for them? Not in my book.

Eve

...maybe this will be a turning point for her? the girls has her issues, but i would NEVER wish emphysema on anyone. ;(

Joyce

70% doesn't sound that bad, considering how they have been abused.

elo

SJ, I dont think anyone will cry for a racist pig like amy........She should burn in hell

ozzman

jackass...

Whatever

This may be harsh and I don't wish ill will on anyone, but when will people grow up and realize that smoking is bad for you. I don't feel sorry for her and people need to wake up and realize yes, it can happen to you. We all think we are undestructable and that is not the case. I'm just sorry that no one has taken some serious actions to try and stop this destructive behavior before now.

Lekili

Amy is a walking corpse. She has everything going for her and she's throwing her freaking life away. She was given a talent and it's a shame she can't see that and do something before she ends up SIX FEET UNDER!

Black Teef

Wow...just checked out emphysema online...she should just kill herself today. If not, she has a fun future!

blues fan

Emphysema is created, not contracted -- my brother has it and it's not pretty. I hope this will encourage those of her fans who smoke to quit while there's still time.

laffeaux

good

barb

At least she'll get bathed in the hospital.

ratched

I so hope she can rise above her problems. It must be hell to be such a tortured soul. I wish her only the best.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments