Violent Surfers Shred Paps Over McConaughey

6/22/2008 1:27 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A group of surfers just got gnarly on a group of paps -- all over photos of beach king Matthew McConaughey!

Around 12 photographers were on the beach in Malibu Saturday afternoon trying to get shots of Matty hitting the surf, when an all-out smackdown was laid on the pappers by turf-protecting surfers.

One pap was hit in the face and we're told suffered a broken nose, while another was thrown into some rocks and had his camera smashed. McConaughey was not involved in the ruckus.

Police tell us a battery report was filed by one photographer but no arrests have been made.

A rep for Matthew has yet to get back to us.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

Oats

YEA!! Go surfer dudes!!!!

jeff greenleaf

I was there surfing MISTOS...it was crazy. He was surfing pretty good today BTW.

Cammie

What happened to the crackdown of the parasites by Los Angeles County?

Don

This is likely to become a lot more common story.

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

Hope this sets a trend!

Hayweird

Come on, people. give peace a chance!

momof2

Ya know, I am glad. The paps belong on call to take photos of the stars when they want them taken.....taking over a beach with a bunch of surfers, is the equivelent to having the paps show up at a poker game.....I feel bad that if the paps don't stop, they will force Matt out.....I would if it was my beach, block, neighborhood, park, etc.

Sheriff

HA HA HA HA HA HA HA.....Go surfer dudes. Lay the smack down on them.

my, my, what truth dacoits you are

All your chickens coming home to roost, huh, tmz? First, they beat you with a stick, then they hang you on a hook like a rattlesnake, then they flay you, batter you and fry you till you're golden brown. Boy, that's some good eatin;, tmz.

JW

The paps deserve to get their asses kicked.

Marcus

This is great news, I think citizens everywhere should pop a photographer in the face and smash their cameras when they see them in public hounding celebrities, I know I will.

sheesh

Woo Hoo! I hope this happens more often.

Mark

Wow, thats great, wish they had thrown them into the ocean. Paps should be banned, but I guess they have 1st amendment rights in taking photos. More groups of people should go after them and maybe they will give up. I am all for getting rid of the Paps.

Lara

People are so fed up with the invasive paps they are finally starting to fight back. The laws seem to do nothing and things will only get worse. Go Surfers!!!!

Liz

Well it is about damn time! If it had been in Texas, it would not have taken so long.........................LA has become immuned to the irratating papz.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments