I-Man -- I Was Just Being "Sarcastic"

6/24/2008 9:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Don Imus just pulled out the S-card -- sarcasm -- to defend himself against charges that he's a straight-up racist.

On his radio show this morning, he said he was just trying to "make a sarcastic point" when he asked yesterday, about arrest-happy NFL player Pacman Jones, "What color is he?" As Imus tried to explain, "What people should be outraged about is that they arrest blacks for no reason. I mean, there's no reason to arrest this kid six times."

As the I-man himself put it: There you go. Now we know.

JessiePhilly

What is the big deal, he's as "racist" as any other black person who calls white people, latinos, asians, etc. names. I hear more racist comments from black people than white people. I've been treated unfairly and have had racial comments towards me way more than white people and and I'm latino. So forgive me if I have no sympathy for these black people whining!

Kim

16. Why we all can't just be equal.There is always a racial comments made about black people.Imus is wrong and something needs to be done about it.What if a black man got on the air and make a racial remark what would happen to him.We all need to come together and let color stay out.

Posted at 8:23AM on Jun 24th 2008 by DADDY

WTF??? Black men do make racial remarks alot - on the air, during comedy acts, on sitcoms and nothing is ever said. But a white man makes a comment and Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson see it as a chance to make a buck and stir sh*t up.

john wayne gacy

within the entertainment industry, be it music,
movies or otherwise, the jews own and run it;

the blacks are hired as entertainers.

Kim

24. If you want Imus to get applause like Rev Wright, have him speak at your next Klan meeting...Imus is a racist dog!

Posted at 8:35AM on Jun 24th 2008 by EGGO

So that comparison implies that the NAACP is no different than the KKK.

hogans suck

Its so easy for whites to say its not a big deal,but when its a jewish person being talked about hold the presses the double standard is so sicking. This guy is a racist pig dont try to deny it , but we r supposed to be okay with it .People wake up .

rjinchi

while I think Imus is a hack and a douche, I do think this has blown way out of porportion.

john wayne gacy

you people are taking me away from watching the british
open with compton's own transvestite penis williams.

Jess

The first time Imass slammed his foot in his mouth. It Turn MS- NBC into the national black channel. They went into the tank for Obama. Morning Joe and hoe, pushed Obama 24/7. Imass needs to retire. Forty years on radio is enough, They should also get rid of that CNN sour puss King he is Imass evil twin.

Obama and wife sat thru twenty years of the rev Wright. They loved those hate speeches. They should have suffered like Imass. THEY SAW NOTHING, HEARD NOTHING. Liars... I can not vote for racists.

Kim

OMG frst hes a racist for the comment then he explains it, and turns out he is defending a black man saying police are racial profilers and still you think hes either lying abotu saying it in that context or saying ok maybe this time he didnt mean it but hes still racist. Admit you made mistake he was being racist in this comment and move on this goes to everyone who prejudged his words without lknowign why he said them or in what context. Had he been the one to make a comment that was later proven to be false or mi9sconstrued teh community at large would roast him on a pit so at very least he deserves people to admit they may have been wrong in being so outraged by what he said.

Tony

Imus made a harmless comment, people need to get over this. ITS NOT A STORY !!

freewilly

Again, If you don't like Imus, Don't Listen to him. I Hate Obama, and I don't Listen to the idiot, if I did, I could claim racisim every time he opens his mouth. It's time for fair play, and equal time. Imus is ENTERTAINMENT, nothing more.

who cares

C'MON YOU PEOPLE...I HATE THAT IN THIS COUNTRY THERE IS FREEDOM OF SPEECH AND YET WE CAN'T MAKE ANY REMARKS ABOUT THE AFRICAN AMERICAN PEOPLE. SO FREAKING WHAT? IF IT WOULD HAVE BEEN A "WHITE" REMARK, THEN IT WOULD HAVE BEEN OKAY! GET A FREAKING LIFE YOU LOSERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Russ

I do believe he was being supportive even though I can't stand looking at the jerk.

crus

Can can can't we all j jus just ge ge get along??

Pike

If Al Sharpton does not get this jerk off the air and sent to his cell in Arizona, then the blacks should get Danial Carver from Howard Stern to represent them.