I-Man -- I Was Just Being "Sarcastic"

6/24/2008 9:37 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Don Imus just pulled out the S-card -- sarcasm -- to defend himself against charges that he's a straight-up racist.

On his radio show this morning, he said he was just trying to "make a sarcastic point" when he asked yesterday, about arrest-happy NFL player Pacman Jones, "What color is he?" As Imus tried to explain, "What people should be outraged about is that they arrest blacks for no reason. I mean, there's no reason to arrest this kid six times."

As the I-man himself put it: There you go. Now we know.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9

Jess

The first time Imass slammed his foot in his mouth. It Turned MS- NBC into the national black channel. They went into the tank for Obama. Morning Joe and hoe, pushed Obama 24/7. Imass needs to retire. Forty years on radio is enough, They should also get rid of that CNN sour puss King he is Imass's evil twin.

Obama and wife sat thru twenty years of the rev Wright. They loved those hate speeches. They should have suffered like Imass. THEY SAW NOTHING, HEARD NOTHING. Liars... I can not vote for racists.

Chuck

What's that old Cyndi Lauper song... "True Colors"

next president

Clearly some of the so called WHINNING by blacks are true just by the statements i'm hearing from my own white race.Blacks riot for eqaul justice we riot when are professional sports team wins a championship.

Tick

Imus is not that quick or clever.

JAP820

this racism BS is really BS, Americans are so immature and cant handle anythign with out being offended. Slavery in this country ended over 100 years ago. Its always poor black people poor black people. GET OVER IT! This is america you have that right to your own opinion! There's more important things going on in this country, why is everyone so concerned about what some Disc Jockey says????

Fayme

God, when is this Imus guy gonna die already? The wrong people have been dying lately. Sensible people like McKay, Russert, and Carlin are passing on. By this dusty old fart is still alive making "sarcastic", racist remarks on air. Life is definitely not fair.

Lmao @ meeeeeeee, "Kiss the black man's ass" classes lol.

Spell Check.

Not only is he caught making another racist remark - he tries to throw hardworking cops under the bus with his justification that his "sarcastic point" was that Pacman was singled out by cops because of his color.

What a loser!

Spell Check.

I'm certainly glad that Imus has not lost his job. He can continue to make millions while an endless parade of cancer kids cleans up the horse poop on his ranch.

Cheryl

WHY PICK ON HIM? SHARPTON. JACKSON & EVEN OBAMA'S FRIENDS-PASTOR ARE RACISTS! & THE WHOLE WORLD HEARD.. It'S NOT FAIR... WHERE WERE SHARPTON, JACKSON ETC.... WHEN REV. WRIGHT (YOU KNOW, BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA'S FRIEND & PASTO LIKE UNCLE) SAID AKLL HIS RACISTS REMARKS? IT'S NOT FAIR... I DIDn"T VOTE FOR OBAMA & I NEVER WILL... & I HAVE NO-MORE RESPECT FOR HILLARY EITHER (she is now supporting him) HILLARY SHOULD RUN INDEPENDANT & SHE'LL WIN... I VOTED FOR HER, BUT IF SHE BACKS OBAMA IN ANY WAY-SHE WON'T NEVER GET MY VOTE... I DON'T LIKE RACISTS PEOPLE.

Previous 15 Comments | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9