Supermodel Dies After Nine Story Plunge

6/29/2008 10:54 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A Kazakh supermodel who appeared on the cover of Vogue and Elle magazines fell to her death from the ninth floor of her apartment building in lower Manhattan yesterday afternoon.

Ruslana Korshunova, 20, was found on Water Street in the Financial District wearing jeans and a tank top, and witnesses, including one who spoke to diaday.com, say they heard a loud noise and then discovered that a body lay in the middle of the street. One witness tells TMZ that he originally thought the woman had been hit by a car.

Cops say they are investigating the incident.

eve

sad

JulesWatanabe

sad.....heard it was an apparent suicide.

horrible way to go....I'd rather OD than jump.

poor girl :(

.:Loki 4Ever:.

IT'S A KNOWN FACT THAT MODELS KILL THEMSELVES ALL THE TIME.. BUT SHE WAS ONLY 20.. WOW.. THIS IS SAD.. MAYBE SHE WAS HOPPED UP ON COCAINE AND DIET COKE AND THOUGHT SHE COULD FLY??

Freaker

Very Sad...May God comfort her family and friends, RIP

Al Baby

Selfish Bish

2drk2fck

Poor thang, probably got chewed up and spit out by industry

Shirlaine D.

Oh My God!!!

It's So Sad. Life Is So precious!

It reminds me A Bad Memory Of My Childwood (I Was 10 years Old)!

A young woman Push Towards A Balcony By Her Violent Husband (From The 14th Floor)... I Steel Remember The Scrreamings, The Awful Sound Of The Impact And The "Brained" Blood on The Floor before Neighbours, Firemen, and Police Came... (Shivering)

It's Awful To Die This Way, So Young... So Gorgeous...

RIP Ruslana Korshunova!

Sugar

Poor thing..she was only 20 years old. With that said, now an irreverent comment brought to you by 2006! Borat is gonna be sad when he finds out that a Kazakh woman who he'd very much like to have sexy times with has been broken by a sidewalk!

Kelli

What a beautiful girl, hard to understand why things can be so horrible that is her only solution.

HairyYambag

Who helped her out the window?

ali

This is very sad. The things these girls go through trying to stay skinny. It could have been an accident. She might have been relaxing and dozed off. I pray her family will find the comfort to get through this untimely tragedy

rip.

PRINCESMOM

SOME AWFUL COMMENTS HAVE BEEN SAID HERE. I FEEL SORRY 4 THOSE OF U WHO ARE ATTACKING A VERY YOUNG WOMAN WHO IS NOW DEAD. NO RESPECT! YOU SHOULD BE ASHAMED OF YOURSELVES. SHE DID WHATEVER SHE MAY HAVE DONE FOR WHATEVER REASONS SHE HAD, PAIN, FEAR, LONLINESS, WHO KNOWS, WE WILL NEVER KNOW, BUT WE ARE NOT HERE TO JUDGE EACH OTHER. MAY SHE BE AT PEACE NOW AND MY PRAYERS GO OUT TO HER FRIENDS AND FAMILY!

bob

This is sad...she's pretty and therefore more valuable than other people. If it had been someone ugly or fat, it would be just like w/e. But she was pretty! I don't know how the world can go on!

Idiots.

Infidelinside

Some posters on this site are sick bastards. I checked out some of her commercials on t.v. I never saw a more beautiful woman. I never seen her or heard of her name until today. The autospsy will be able to find if any drugs were in her system and if she had a terminal disease. Some people can not handle depression. They cover it up so well. My feeling is that this beautiful young woman could not handle her depression. Even the beautiful, rich, and successful can be depressed. What a waste.

Social Worker

SORRY you just don't FALL from your own darn balcony. Either she jumped or was thrown off.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments