Condit Dunne In by Judge

7/8/2008 6:24 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Gary Condit didn't get slandered by Dominick Dunne.

Condit's federal lawsuit against the famed author was thrown out today, after a judge ruled Dunne's comments on "Larry King Live" -- intimating that Condit had something to do with the presumed murder of Chandra Levy -- did not rise to the level of slander.

U.S. District Judge Peter Leisure ruled, "The context in which Dunne's statements were made demonstrate that they were part of a discussion about 'speculation' in the media and inaccurate media coverage."

Dunne is finishing up a highly-anticipated novel. We have no idea what Condit is up to.

Kay

Such a shame that with all the technology we have today that Chandra Levy's murder has gone unsolved...

Todd da Man

Dominick Dunne is a stupid old man. He's been on some kind of jihad ever since his daughter, Dominique, got her ass handed to her for mouthing off to the wrong guy.

Tangie

He killed her, but who really cares about Chandra Levy, anyway? She was a butt ugly whore. He did the world a favor....

Liz

Dominick Dunne is a class act............................all journalist should take a cue from him! They don't make them like that anymore!

Sandy

I totally agree with Kay. Someone is doing a major cover up.

Liz

JMO ~ What a classless pig you are!

Harriet

I have always believed that Condit did have something to do with Shandra Levy's death.

We lived in the DC area when all of that was going on. Rumors were rampant. Even from his peers.

Older men who seduce younger women with visions of love, devotion, marriage, wealth and power are skunks.

I feel very sorry for her family and his wife.

Donna S.

Dominick Dunne is one of my favorite authors and a nice guy who answers his fan mail personally! Can't wait for his new book to come out!

I figured Gary Condit had been too busy all these years trying to find Chandra's REAL killer to have time to file lawsuits against anyone.

libby

I love Mr. Dunn
I hope his new book is about Phil Spector
I would be eternally pissed if my daughter was murdered too

Beat E.

The D.C. police believe - NOW, that Chandra went jogging (that's why they found her keys, purse and everthing in her apartment. She took a extra apartment key like so many of us do when we go for a run) and was grabbed by the man suspected in another murder/rape in the area.

And TODD the Man, that guy that killed Dunne's daughter was her stalking boyfriend.

zombie_hands

Gary Conduit was a major DC player. But he couldn't have her tell his wife that she was pregnant. How would that look?

tom

just think if obamhaa gets elected the whole country will be as liberal as california, we can finally get away with murder. god is great!

Posted at 6:10PM on Jul 8th 2008 by tom

c300e517

I totally agree with Dallas. Dominick Dunne is a super class act. His veracity is cannot be disputed. He is one superb journalist.

poogargler

I remember this story getting non-stop media attention up until 9/11.

cindi

wasn't this the story all the cable news networks were covering just before 9/11??? not really a comment i know but im just confused i think???

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments