"Punky" Star Can't Get Drunky -- Race a Factor?

7/11/2008 9:58 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

T.K. Carter -- from such '80s kid TV classics as "Punky Brewster," "Good Morning, Miss Bliss" and "Jem" -- pitched a never-ending fit in front of Goa last night, claiming they wouldn't let him in because he's black.

Umm ... maybe it was because you're only T.K. Carter. Lil' Jon had no problem getting in.

Katty

Wow,It's awaful! I saw something about it on the site""""""M i l l i o n a i r e4me.com"""""last week.It is said racialism affects people's life.

kokopelli girl

Racism in America? Always has been and probably always will be. Do I agree with it, no. Did you watch this video? T.K. Carter was the one that brought up "White Women" as well as sterotypes of "Black Men" Maybe a person should look at the way they live their lives, how they treat people, their own actions they are responsible for etc...... before they blame how people react to them on the color of their skin!

Make It Right!!

Okay people, I want to start a revolution..are you with me? Go to the thread "John's got a Host of Problems" and read posts #21, #23 and #24. Let's take over TMZ!

OUTLAW

Maybe it is time to change some of the thing we say like ,crossing a BLACK cat is bad luck,BLACKhole,the kettle calling the pot BLACK,every statment we make with the word BLACK in it is bad.

Rhonda

# 22 The Tower of babble was a great success. Want to live in "babbleland"

Peace Be Still

Lord Snooty,
Obama will not lose. He will win and then people like you will commit suicide

kokopelli girl

#22....Let's see...Snow White, got to get rid of her too. Should probably never have another White Christmas etc.... DUMB A##

Rhonda

The new "in" colors, Black, White, Gray, Those are the colors of socialist. I much prefer Red, White, Blue, and all the colors of nature and man and rainbows

OUTLAW

oldwhiteidoit#25

You clearly have no idea what i'm talking about,and i don't have the next 10 years to explain it to you because your worthless take a statement and twist it all around.The statement i made have nothing to do with what your taking about shows who the real dumda$$ is.

P.S GET A LIFE!!!!!!!!!!

Fan Since 2007!!!

Peace,

If we're straying into politics just remember Americans were deluded into voting for Bush TWICE...

jm

SAME OLD CRAP 'IT'S BECAUSE I'M BLACK" NO, IT'S BECAUSE YOU STUPID. LOOK WHO THE RACISTS ARE
(THE BLACKS) THEY JUST KEEP IT GOING. WE ARE SICK OF IT.

Simp

Rhonda

so let's delude ourselves somemore and vote for Obama, just to make it "fair"

Hyde30

Blacks do themselves no favors when pulling crap like this. It's not that he didn't get in because he's black, he didn't get in because he's a nobody jackass. The race card gets whipped out so often it's lost its meaning.

Those Bracelets Aren't From Tiffany

People will always make excuses and claim that Black people are "playing the race card," but that isn't the case here. If you look at clubs like Villa, it amazes me how no name people like Audrina from The Hills get into venues like that, quickly, but NBA and NFL players who are rich and have high profiles are denied at the door. Villa plays Black music but they won't let Black people into their clubs. I've been to clubs where Black people, again rich, high profile, Black people, who have RESERVATIONS at these clubs, are either left standing at the door for an hour or more or they don't get in at all. (*coughs* Brent Bolthouse) It has nothing to do with appearance because these are nice looking, intelligent people.

There's nothing wrong with TK Carter whatsoever. The people at the door should know who he is because a lot of people grew up watching his work as I did. If he was some old has been white actor, they'd open the ropes for him like he was a cast member on The Real World, which makes no sense, because those people are nobodies.

The irony of this issue is that, when you walk into these clubs, the first thing you hear blasting through the speakers is rap or R&B music. I've been told in front of Les Deux to come back on Tuesday night, which I was told was "hip hop" night. WTF does that mean? The main racial demographic who buys rap music are middle and upper-middle class white people. I know a lot of Black people who don't like rap music because they find it offensive and degrading primarily to Black women.

It amazes me how present racism is in 2008 and how people try to sweep it under the rug. If Goa wants to disrespect people based on race, they don't have to worry about seeing me there. I've been once (on a night that is promoted by a group of Black female dj's) and I walked right in, but had I attended on another night, they may not have been too quick to pull that rope back. Maybe that's why I've started staying at home, because I can find better things to do with my time than be judged by someone at a door who used to sell me shoes. (It happened before with one door man. I knew him when he worked in Brass Plum shoes at Nordstrom.) This city never ceases to amaze me.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments