Tony Snow Loses Cancer Battle

7/12/2008 9:31 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Tony Snow: Click to watch!Tony Snow, the former White House press secretary, has died after a long battle with colon cancer. He was 53.

A written statement from President Bush stated, "Laura and I are deeply saddened by the death of our dear friend -- America has lost a devoted public servant and a man of character."

Snow died at 2 a.m. Saturday in Washington, D.C.

bob

if there's a hell, this guy just got to the front of the line. he continued to lie for bush til his dying day.
good riddance.

just wondering

I have no comment abt his political sides, but he was a very brave man to face the odds he did and the last time I saw him on camera was when he made a statement abt Tim Russerts passing to Wolf Blitzer. I will always remember his last words...." I'm feeling pretty good other than this blockage I have going on in my intestines"..something to that effect..I knew then he didn't have much longer but his spirit was inspiring to say the least.

Democrats are evil

#14, Bob,

It only figures that a democratic jerk like you would be the first to desecrate a class act like Mr. Snow. Good people enjoy when they annoy creeps like you. It just reaffirms the old saying. "You can't teach a pig to sing. You just waste your time and you annoy the pig." You are the reason that we fight for freedom and liberty. Because SOB's like you exist that threaten good loving people. You are a democrat and you are definitely evil. When it's your time, you might want to say a prayer or two. You're going to need it.

freedomisnotfree

Tony Snow was an inspiration to all. thank you tony for all that you gave to us.
you will be missed.

freedomisnotfree

TONY SNOW- A GREAT AMERICAN.
we love you- rest in peace

freedomisnotfree

Our thoughts and prayers go out to Tony's family.
To have known Tony Snow the world is a better place

momof2plus2dogs

God Bless you Tony. You were an honorable, intellegent family man. One of the most respectable people on TV or on the radio and you will be missed. God bless your family

Hildy

Tony Snow was my friend for 15 years. He was the same in person as what you saw on TV. The classiest, sweetest, most sincere man you would ever meet. I was honored to have known him. He will never be forgotten. RIP, Tony...you fought the good fight.

DisgustED

Another sad day to have lost an honorable servant of our country. My mother, grandmother, and mother-in-law have all died from colon cancer. Please, support causes that have to do with research of cancer. Early detection helps save lives. Take care of yourselves, and read how to prevent cancer in your life. Losing another wonderful person to this disease again breaks my heart.

noyankhere

you can pay homage and respect to tony snow without the pathetic political brick bats !!. i was going to leave a mesaage of condolence but now i think i will pass on that one.. stupid fox beer mats the lot of you..

LaShawna

I think the last 2 decent men alive have died. Tony Snow and Tim Russert.
If only everyone in Washington were as good as these two.
If there is a heaven they have to be there.

LOL

Tony Snow was a class act. No matter who wrote columns, were with him on television, whether CNN or Fox News, everyone always had positive things to say about Tony and used adjectives such as :

...class act, nice, polite, funny, loved his family, down to earth, honest, kind, genuine and so on.

Cancer took away the life of a good man. My heartfelt condolences to his family.

...we'll miss his kindness and honesty. He was integrity in journalism.

Lucy

God bless this man and his family. A wonderful person has left this planet and he will be missed. He had so many postive things to say in his last days and was someone to look up to for his courage and his spirit no matter what line of politics you follow. Those that say that this man is waiting in line for hell just proves that there are ignorant people who wish only ill toward people who disagree with them. It is a sad day when people try to elect someone into office that claim that they will unite only to continue to divide. I hope that people open their eyes to their party and realize that the party of "tolerance" is really trying to divide. When I had learned that Senator Kennedy had cancer I did not go on ranting about his bad traits or the woman he had associated with that had mysteriously died while in his car at the bottom of a lake. Without going into all of his faults, I believe that in a persons last days or even immediately after we should give our respect, forgive ones faults and empathize with the family of this person.

God bless Tony's family and be with them. He was a good man no matter his politics.

KATIE

I pray for his family. I will miss him very much. TONY SNOW- A GREAT AMERICAN

Go Sarah!

He was a wonderful man; God-fearing, patriotic, loving, friendly, intelligent, hard-working, and humorous. His death is a loss for our country.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments