"Last Lecture" Professor Has Died

7/25/2008 10:05 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Carnegie Mellon professor turned "Last Lecture" Internet sensation Randy Pausch has died. He was 47.

Last September, Pausch's "Last Lecture" speech -- which was actually called "Really Achieving Your Childhood Dreams" -- became a viral phenomenon and was even retold in its entirety on Oprah.

Pausch had been battling pancreatic cancer and passed away early this morning. He is survived by his wife and three children.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

angel46

I wish there was a miracle that could have saved this man. I watched a TV special that was made about him a few months ago and he had so much to contribute to this world. Such a shame we had to lose him so young!

savesomesorrow

It is sad to lose such an inspiration but at least he acheived his dreams!

ozzman

rest in peace, dude...

Cherry Cola

So sad to hear this. Although it was expected it's still a shock. R.I.P. Randy. I enjoyed reading your book.

Thespian

God Bless....what a remarkable strong and inspirational man....taken too early....

Blue Drew

Bless him and his family. Truly a shining star in the sky...sad.

cindy

To the family and friends.....may your memories of yesterday warm your heart today, tomorrow and always. We are all mourning as we feel like your extending family!

Crystal

Randy's family has so much to be proud of. He impacted so many people. It's a sad loss to C.Mellon too. They lost one of the best.

Kay

I followed his story. He showed a lot of courage, and his love for his family was obvious. When he knew he wouldn't be there for them in body, he left them his thoughts, feelings, and hope.

Kelly

I saw him on Oprah, his story really touched me. I'm sorry for his family's loss....RIP Randy.....god bless you and your family.

Dan Tanna

Great guy. Strong fight and sprit, My thoughts and prayers to his family.

Helene

Rip..you have done more in your relatively short period time on this planet to change it than many could ever hope to.
The words you left will stay with many and inspire them to cherish what they have while they have it.
God bless and keep your family in his hands as they struggle to move forward without you.
Thank you for being alive and the world was so much better off with you in it.

HeTouchedMyHeart

My prayers go out to Jai, Dylan, Logan & Chloe at this very difficult time. Dr. Pausch was an amazing man, an inspiration and he taught me how to live my life by not looking at all the obstacles in my way. Randy was a man of conviction, honor, courage and a true humanitarian. You fought the fight and never gave up. You are now pain free from the hideous disease, pancreatic cancer, and soaring in Heaven bringing your humor and grace to all the other Angels. Your legacy will forever live on earth. God Bless you Randy Pausch.

JennInDC

Terribly sad. I followed his blogs and he hadn't updated since the end of June. I was hoping maybe he was on a fabulous vacation with his beloved family. My sincerest sypmathies to his wife, Jai, and their kids and family. Randy was a brave, inspiring soul.

a girl named sue

God bless his family..He was an inspiration for many.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments