McCain -- Paris Is My Energizer Bunny

8/5/2008 8:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

John McCain's mouthpiece has responded to Paris Hilton's stinging retort -- but he's not attacking Hiltie!

In the unkindest cut of all, McCain's spokesperson Tucker Bounds tells TMZ that on the subject of energy, Paris is deeper than Barack. He says, "Sounds like Paris is taking the 'All of the Above' energy approach that John McCain has advocated -- both alternatives and drilling. Perhaps the reality is that Paris has a more substantive energy plan than Barack Obama."

Just hours ago, FunnyOrDie posted a video of Paris calling McCain "wrinkly" and pitching a hybrid energy policy.

Geudu

It's not about being Gay, it's about national security, it's about illegal immigration, it's about energy.

Gay rights and abortion should have no place in a national election. Let the states decide.

anonymous

I can see why Paris made that video and I loved it BUT why in the hell is McCain's camp coming back again ?! This is making him look like an idiot, oops he already is .lol He is running for president not a manager position.Jeez

maxjam1234

#39 THIS IS NOT A BOXING MATCH!!! AND ITS NOT ABOUT A FASHION STATEMENT..WHAT MCCAIN IS DOING IS WORKING AS FAR AS GETTING OFF WHAT MATTERS MOST. THIS IS THE PRESIDENCY THAT HE IS RUNNING FOR AND IN THE END HE WILL BE A FAD BECAUSE ALL OF THIS NONSENCE IS IRRELEVANT!!

AT THE END OF THE DAY IM SURE MCCAIN LOOKS BACK AND SAYS WHAT IN THE H&*@ DID I DO THAT FOR!!!IM SUCH A DUNCE!!!#$%%^

rjinchi

hmmm, all seems a bit too cozy to me, almost a planned attack, a planned response and you tabloid media types are all over it promoting it as news. McCain and Paris as his Veep?

WisconsinDem

Hey Geudu. Let the states decide? I think we tried that with slavery. Didn't go so well.

Rockstar

Anyone named "Tucker" is an elitist, arrogant snob, and probably a poindexter nerd to boot.

I thought John McCain, the life-long government employee who has never paid for his own health insurance during his very long life, and who, as such, thinks he speaks for the majority of Americans, was against elitists. Sorry, but it's safe to assume that anyone named "Tucker" is also the beneficiary of a trust fund.

pat

It's a sad day in politics when a video from Paris Hilton got my attention. LOL. On a more serious note... I don't think Senator McCain should feel proud about this. On Fox TV this morning they tried to spin the video clip and say that Paris Hilton gave a more cohesive plan than Senator Obama. Anyone with good hearng and understand english can actually hear her say that she was taking a piece of Obama's and McCain's plans and making one of her own. The Hybrid car production from Obama and the off shore drilling from McCain. .... but it does make me question whatever I hear from FoxTV (the alternate universe).

jc

McCain's ad was right on target-Obama and media have positioned him as a celebrity. It is fair to compare him to Brit and Paris because none of them make any sense when they open their mouths-it's all fluff. Any time I've ever heard an Obama supporter asked what exactly he stands for, NO ONE can ever give specifics-it's always just "change". I think that Obama has you all in the bag-you'll vote for him without even understanding what he does and buying into the celebrity hype. I challenge every Obama supporter to have a mind of their own and actually do some research before they vote-what a concept!

AQ

Funny how he was against alternative fuel sorces before he was for it. Funnier still is that Obama's ideas are far superior to McCain's in that it doesn't help give even more millions to the rich TX oil freaks.

Of course, if McCain is spending all this time, money and energy taking on Paris while Obama is actually DOING presidential things like meeting with foreign leaders and talking to experts in the fields of energy and the economy I guess it doesn't say a whole lot about McCain and where his campaign is heading.

Sunslip

I love this video. I think it make's McCain's campaign look even sillier, more amateurish, and out of touch than they already did. And McCain's constant snarky sniping at Obama really just seems desperate. But then, what choice does he have but to convince people to vote against Obama when he can offer no compelling reason to vote for himself.

Helen

Obama's energy plan: Let's take all the money from the oil companies and give it to the government.

MJ

Is it my imagination or does Paris look like she has a moustache in this pic? I kind of liked her video--but get a lip wax, Paris!

millie

Well McCain, you just had your big smack down. Not only that Paris just push Obama Energy Plan. You the one made look like a Nut. I bet you wont bother her again.

kim

Please this bitch is thrilled McCai9n bagged on her - how else would she get media attention?

She is so stupid and ugly and the video is so stupid whoever wrote it for her should have spent more time making it funny. Its just lame!

CAROLINE TALLEY