Alcohol a Factor in Panettiere Alleged Attack

8/11/2008 2:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Hayden PanettiereWe have more details on the Panettiere arrest.

Law enforcement tells us Alan allegedly struck wife Lesley at least twice with fist -- a right cross to the left cheek, causing noticeable bruising. We're told both had definitely been drinking.

Alan told cops when they arrived, "I'm Alan. Yeah, I just got into an argument with my drunk wife." We're also told Alan "clearly" was under the influence. Among other things, his eyes were extremely bloodshot and his hair was a mess.

Lesley is the one who called the cops and when they came she asked them to arrest her hubby.

These allegations make it clear why Alan was arrested on felony spousal abuse.

john wayne gacy

he went from having a bottle in front of him,

to providing his lovely wife a frontal lobotomy......

tg

WTF

Moe

Boozers! I mean losers!

ME

YOU GET DRUNK YOU GET IN A FIGHT AND SOMEONE GETS HURT. LEARN HOW TO CONTROL YOUR LIQUOR DUMBASS.

Marie

Oh my God, alcohol was involved? Duh!!!!!!!!!!

Lana Caine

Another set of parents living vicariously through their child's success. The 2008 version of John and Patsy Ramsey. The poor girl is ripe for the pickin' guys! It's the "love me daddy" syndrome.

pap asses

Alan P., In Hollywood uou can get drunk and beat her up but for God's sake man, never let them see your hair in a mess!!!
Welcome to Hollywood, way to be an embarassment! try to not drink for a couple weeks. If you cant do it, call Dr Drew

Kristy

I'm sorry, are you suggesting that the alcohol assaulted Ms. Panettiere and not her husband? Or is it the alcohol that's accountable, not him. You also seem to be suggesting that it is legal to assault drunk women, or at least more excusable to do so. I know plenty of drunk people who don't assault their partners, even if their partners are drunk.

saulcook

I am a TV Producer in Los Angeles... and it is quite common knowledge that Hayden's mom as been having affairs and one night stands all over town. Hayden is clearly aware of this too. Certainly it does not justify the father's abuse... but the mom is classless and raunchy and this was going to happen sooner or later.

FYI... Hayden has turned into quite the b**** over the past year as well according to many people that work on set with her.

pk3palm beach

Hayden, set your bounderies now!!!
No wonder you're with a much older man, this explains a lot.
REMEMBER hitting is NEVER okay.
I suggest Alonon.
Good luck!!!

PamMatt

I wonder if they know the Lohans.

Parents live off kids and the kids ............................

name withheld

Always always the end result. This is what happens while in a volatile relationship. The liquor only intensifies the suppresses feelings within. Typical of an abuser to blame the victim. Next time don't do cocaine with the alcohol and the aftermath may not take so long and be so mortifying. NO MIXING!!!! ANd also, it is wrong to hit a woman. I mean, go pick on a man, bastard!

me

Why do people have to call their spouse "hubby" WHY? Is it just to annoy me?

Hubby. pft. Sounds like you're married to a big fat a$$.