Might As Well Jump

8/15/2008 2:00 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 47-year-old resurfaced at a sports gala in NYC recently, looking sharp.
Carl Lewis
Carl -- who like Michael Phelps also once was arrested for DUI (the charge was later dismissed) -- qualified for the 1980 Olympics in Moscow, but the U.S. wound up boycotting those Games.

Lewis was drafted by the Chicago Bulls and the Dallas Cowboys in 1984, but never played a game for either team.

COMMENTS

VS

Hey to the poster who said are there any AA who keep their nose! Well, you must not watch Dr. 90210! Hey what about
Ashley Tisdale and her nose job! If it makes a person feel better then whose business is it. He not trying to change is race.

Are other races doing it when they change their noses. JMO, but you really got it wrong. Whites have it done more
than anyone on the planet even if they are not in SHOW BUSINESS! Oh, let's not forget Ashley Simpson too. she is
a cutie!

Kiss me I'm Irish!

Fred

I love him on American Idol! "I'm not feeling you dog!", He's so much better than Paula and Simon.

chad

how did this turn to racial prejudice? seriously everyone, how come every conversation turns racial?? this goes for whites and blacks. ppl need to grow up

fan

wow- he looks fantastic- as if he hasn't even aged! I likey!!!

Triple Play

HE LOOKS GREAT MUCH BETTER WITHOUT THE BIG HAIR. I HOPE THAT HE HAS STOPPED SINGING THE NATIONAL ANTHEM, THAT WAS SCARY

DaJuice

Dayum!!! It's Randy Jackson! You Go Dawg!!

Kiki

Carl Lewis is GAY, sorry...I ran into him with a group of cute, gay guys in a club and he wasn't hiding it!! Sorry. I always wondered how it was never announced in the media.

Nancy

YOU GO, #7. Well said

SteveNJ

Carl was PHYSICALLY perhaps the greatest Olympic T&F athlete ever....but his pompous, calculated personality ruined his chances of beig a real hero. With Carl, there was a feeling that every single smile and every tear that rolled down his cheek while he stood on the vistory stand was choreographed by him & his agents. And as an actor/singer....good gawd!

Kat

Carl Lewis' father was my high school track team coach in Willingboro, New Jersey in the early 80s. He taught at Kennedy High School and Carl and his sister, Carol, went to Willingboro High School. His father was a good man and a great coach. The Lewis family was the only thing good to come out of Willingboro.
David Miscavige also lived in Willingboro, New Jersey until 1972. I went to elementary school with him too.

Acrosstheborder

Another steroid user who is an american hero. PATHETIC!

vg

Carl Lewis ? Only the greatest track&field runner and jumper of all times!!what 1980,1984,1988,1992,1996 olympic teams yea he`s a liltle stuffy and high mindd but damn how many people in the history of sports was the best at anything for over 15 years? Oyea that would be Carl Lewis in over a 15 year span he only lost 1 long jump compitition not to mention how many olympic,american and world records he`s had.....hell with his nose...we should all pray to be as great in somthing!! O an by the way not only was he draffted by the chicago bulls but also by the Dallas Cowboys!!!......

much love folks!!

pinhead

I remember he simply was fierce! Carl have some kids they would be great athelete! I know gay whatever you can do it with a tube.

Georgia

I think the guy looks like a black James Carville

Tim

If he isn't out of the closet yet, why doesn't Harvey A**banger out him?

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments