Ricky Martin

Livin' In Vitro Loca

8/20/2008 4:21 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Ricky MartinRicky Martin and Clay Aiken have something in common...

Ricky is now a the proud padre of twins, courtesy of one surrogate mother. His rep says the kids are healthy, Ricky will be a full-time dad and he'll take the rest of the year off to raise the bambinos.

sunniski

I think he is very handsome and if the twins are his genetically I bet they will be very cute. Too bad the babies are starting out their new life without a mommie which is kinda sad. I wish him the best though...

Sandy

Didn't see this one coming but then again, he's gay. So yeah (he
probably saw all the celebrity baby bump madness. I assume at his
age he wants to pass on his genes, looks, whatever. He could of
started by adopting. Well, who am I to judge? It just seems kind of
selfish raising those twins without a mother. That's just me.

Anyway, congratulations I suppose. Hopefully he'll be a great father.

they actually weren't bad

Wow what a homophobic idiot you are. First of all I'm going to ignore the fact that Ricky Martin has never said that he is gay, so we have no idea if he is or isn't, which is none of our business any ways. All children need is love and guidance, it does not matter how many people are caring for the child as long as someone is. There could be one person and if they do what is right by that child they are still going to turn out fine or there could be two men or women with the same results. I have seen plenty of people turn out badly from households that had both a mother and father. It is not our place to judge or condemn gays and lesbians, it is God's. Don't do his job.

Lexi

Ricky Martin is an international star, and he was long before he had a hit English album, the world does not revolve around American artists or releases. And who cares if he is or isn't gay, he's extremely talented and giving, and fine as hell :P

FreakHater

FUGGIN GAY ASS IDIOTS, DON'T YOU UNNERSTAND HOW YOU WILL BE SCREWIN' UP THESE KIDS??? YOU GAY GUYS NEED TO STOP HAVING THESE INNOCENT BABIES!!!!!! LEAVE THE JOB TO THE STRAIGHT PEEPS WILL YA???

Blinded by the light

#27 Insane: FYI gay marriage and gay/lesbian is not a race it's a lifestyle. I grew up with a few friends that were raised by gay/lesbian parents and they turned out just fine. In fact they are more well adjusted then some that come from mother/father parenting. And none of them got into fights trying to defend their parents lifestyle. It's all about how you raise your kids - no matter what kind of parents.

Twinker

Congrats! I bet the babies are precious!!!!

Leticia

I've been a fan since the Menudo days and I'm thrilled for me. Ricky, congratulations.!!! A beautiful person like him deserves much much happiness in all of the areas of his life. Blessings for this new chapter in his life.

Jen

If David Bowie were gay, wouldn't have he come out by now? I mean it is totally plausible but it seems as if he would have said something by now.

As for the comment about many babies in the world, etc. While adoption is a GREAT, wonderful, and under appreciated practice, some people would like children of their own. While I would love to adopt, I can realistically only afford 2 children and I would like them both to be mine. Maybe he will adopt some if he decides he wants more? But I can understand wanting them to be your own.

CMJNM

Ask any social expert and they will say that the BEST environment for a child to raised is by a full time mother and father. Male and Female. Each sex has something unique to give to the child that two females or two males cannot provide. Now, are there alot of f'd up kids who grew up with a mother and a father...yes. But because there are no where near the same numbers of same sex couples raising children, no one can say that statics show that kids raised in same sex households are the same...or better...adjusted as adults. I do know one person that was raised by two fathers and that guy is so f'd up. He caught alot of flack growing up and wasn't able to bring friends over, etc. If there's an option for children to be raised by hard-working and decent male and female for parents, it should definitely trump a hard-working and decent same sex couple. No doubt about it.

the DQ

WOW, the whole year off? It's only going to take a year to raise the kids? What a totally stupid statement, TMZ.

claudipoo

some of these comments are hilarious, so what if he Is or isnt gay? and if you didnt know, he's been touring all over the worlds recently and last year, aside from that he DOES alot of great charity work. Can he afford it, he sure can. should it matter to you? nope it shouldnt!

northern gypsy

what a freak...not becuase he's gay (?)..but...because he thinks HE CAN DO IT ALL BY HIMSELF...PLZE

JackDaddy

He is soooo gay... met him once in DC, and the minute he opened his mouth, his purse fell out.

ME

THE TWO THINGS THAT THEY HAVE IN COMMON ARE: THEY ARE BOTH IN THE CLOSET, AND THEY PRETEND TO LIKE WOMEN...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments