Oprah Supports Obama, Rolls Like McCain

8/25/2008 10:17 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah WinfreyIt's official...Oprah is going to the Democratic Convention -- or at least she'll be in the same city -- and she will not be staying at a Holiday Inn.

O is shelling out $50,000 to rent a house in a Denver 'burb, according to the Rocky Mountain News. That's even a lot for the Hamptons -- but Denver, Colo?

Her reps are still mum on whether she'll appear on the floor, but unless she's in a contest with McCain on racking up the most homes, it seems pretty clear.

Tony

Is anyone else as sick of this woman as I am?????

LaReina

Oprah, Obama, what's the difference? Two socialist intellectual lightweights.

loveyaringo

PEOPLE ACT AS IF O IS SOME SORT OF A GOD. THEY FOLLOW HER LIKE A CULT. SHE CAN VOTE DEMO BECAUSE SHE HAS ENOUGH MONEY TO GIVE BACK TO THE THE GOVT. IF SHE NEEDED TO HOLD ON TO THOSE BILLIONS, SHE WOULD VOTE REP. GIVE THE 50,000 TO A HOMELESS SHELTER, O. AND STAY IN THE NEAREST MOTEL 6. IT WON'T KILL YOU. PERSONALLY, I FEEL SHE IS SELF-RIGHTOUS AND IS VOTING FOR OBAMA BECAUSE HE'S BLACK. PERIOD.

van

it kills me that all of you can voice your thoughts about someone you dont even know i think oprah has done more for others then most of you who claim to hate her. and why is it if a black person supports obama its because hes black, why cant it be because hes smart and we belive in his cause i think thats as dumb as if i said you dont support him because hes black. more power to oprah and obama.

TeamKate

I'm sick of her...And all the other celebrities out there that sit on there millions and billions! They bitch at the president and everyone to give to Africa....While they shop around and buy 10,000 dollar handbags ! Ugh...I wish the big DOUBLE O'S Oprah&Obama would hurry up and have their affair and go away! You can tell she's all in love with him...Yuck!!

L

Ditto what #3 and #4 said, they beat me to it.

ash

Blah..Blah..Blah..Oprah is a media w--------- like the rest of the "celebs" she just hides behind her so called generosity..it's just for public appraisal and nothing more.

L

No! Ditto #2, 3 and 5! Good Lord, I haven't had any caffeine yet!

d

Please, IF he were white, she would not be supporting him - she's republican in life and existence. A good capitalist - rich, fat and hungry for more.

olddrunk

Just when I forget that and start to think well of Obama she rears her ugly head. Keep Oprah Windbag out of the convention.

johnnyradd19

hippo-crite/big shocker.A-hole

bear

~ I am sick of the big O, she's become an overrated egomaniac. Her holier than tho attitude is boring and tiresome. ~ She is backing a man who has some dangerous ideas . . . socialized medicine, nationalized pre-school which are straight from the books of Socialism. I already have a mother, I don't need big government telling me how to raise my children. ~ Even liberal France is starting to wake up and see that socialism isn't ideal. ~ O's ego is what's driving her backing of Obama not race. ~

d

OMG OMG, he called us honkey - my life is over, you have shamed me, you called me a name, I am forever traumatized - oh wait, who cares ... stick and stones, man, sticks and stones ... you might try it :-)

Whadda-Do

There is nothing I can't stand more than a rich know-it-all who needs to tell everybody else how to think, act, dress, vote, etc. This woman needs to retire and get out of her self created spotlight. She is the number one reason I have doubts about voting for Obama. It's not because of his color to me or the way he looks or because Oprah tells me to vote for him.

Nerfy

For all of you cult Oprah followers, she's renting out the denver aquarium downtown this afternoon for a private party.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments