Mackenzie Phillips

Busted

8/27/2008 2:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Mackenzie Phillips has been busted at LAX for allegedly possessing heroin and cocaine. She's in custody right now.

At 10:00 AM, officers responded to Terminal 4, where 48-year-old Phillips was being screened by TSA. During the screening process, some baggies and balloons believed to contain heroin and cocaine were recovered.

The former "One Day at a Time" star has had a long history of drug abuse.

celeb mugs - click to launch

Gia's friend

this is a shame. my gf is also a heroin/crack addict. She has been clean over 20 days and I am keeping my fingers crossed. I hope the best for MacKenzie

Go Away

Why is Gummie driving around the block?

Gia's friend

yes StephyLops she has a son

carolyn ferrante

Why don't I feel bad about this? Maybe it's because MacKenzie continues to be self-destructive after being given a big break in life that most people don't get: being a co-star in a primetime TV series. I realize she came from a messed-up family, but that was long ago. Sorry, but drug use is a self-inflicted addiction, not an illness like Parkinson's or M.S. Grow up, MacKenzie, and spend your money in better ways!

Princess Ali Baba

This is what you get when you are raised in a drug infested environment. She was always around as a child with her father John Phillips when he was shooting heroin, so what does one expect? Sad that she fell off the wagon, get back on Mac, you can do it girl!

rick the viking

How can one with her record be so stupid my god is it so hard to go a few hours without it ....i mean really now she can get down with the girls at the big house ......."ONE DAY AT A TIME" ........MAYBE BONNIE FRANKLIN CAN COME VISIT ,i look at some things and think wow celebs must go to stupid school

shirley

Its too bad she's fallen, but she can get up again. I had a friend who fell after 18 years clean. It happens, that drug is a killer in more ways then one. Good luck to her

jen jen

what a sad tale...she is a very nice lady. very down to earth and kind.

That poor court monitor!

This is a real shame. Mackenzie Phillips has been clean for such a long time, and after such a hard struggle, which included her addict father, Mamas and the Papas leader, John Phillips and his wife, Genevieve. Mackenzie has been a role model to countless in their fight to overcome addiction. Wishing Mackenzie love, strength, courage, and all the best with her recovery.

art

Enough already. These herion and coke stories have been done to death. Try something different. Try living a borring productive life.

Lee

Being a sober alcoholic (3 years), it breaks my heart to see anyone who's had long-term sobriety go back out. Her slip back into that world serves as a reminder to me. It reminds me where I once was, & where I NEVER want to go again. She must be in a really bad place (psychologically) right now, & I truly hope someone reaches out to help.
We're all human...we're all in this together.

Lenny E

Go to Rotton.com to see more mug shots including Al Pacino (arrested for conspiracy to commit armed robbery.)

CrackWhore

Two Words--
Choices and consequences

Michelle

I thought she was clean. What a shame.

Lenny E