Ding Dang -- Brit's Cover Up Exposed!

9/8/2008 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears opened the VMAs last night with the telltale sign of a notorious lip syncher -- completely covering her moving lips the entire time she opened the show.
Britney Spears: Click to watch
That said, TMZ eats crow for declaring her career dead after last year's girthy performance. She ain't dead at all after bizarrely winning three awards and looking awfully hot -- minus the spaghetti weave.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments

fuckyouperez

You know you wish you were the microphone.

Andrew

God, I love her.
She still looked hot last year though, to be fair.

jbon

eh i'm still over her. her songs are slowly having less and less words in them. lame. but it's good thats she's getting healthier.

jbon

oh and whats with saying she's opening up the vma's and just saying "welcome to the vma's." i thought she was going to perform!

Kelli

TMZ get a grip, she did great but you can't help but to try and stir up rumors.

phoebe

she looked beautiful and I am very happy for her. The poor girl has been through hell this last year and all of it for the (cruel) world to see and judge. Congrats! You deserve it.

jen

I think Britney took some good baby steps. I can't imagine how it would have felt to go back out there after all of the horrible things said about her in the past year. I would have barfed right on the stage and never come back!!!!! Good for Britney. THE HOST SUCKED!!!!!!!!!!

sh

Glad she's healthier but still a loser. Awards don't make a winner, she still has a lot to do to make up with her personal life and children.

lil shorty

You guys want to read some NASTY things about Brit Brit?! I mean,NASTY!! Than go to you ....
idontlikeyouinthatway.com and find the stuff about britney spears. There must be like 30 pages of the grossest stuff that I had never heard until I stumbled onto this page. They have all her vag. pics and her ass hair(that one almost made me puke). Yeah, the weak of stomach may NOT be able to handle it!

Party 'till you die!

I wonder how many meds she was on to even get that much out of her? It's obvious that the Spears camp negotiated that the less she said, the better. Anything more than a few scripted sentences would have put her into hot water. It's the same reason she didn't perform. There's no way she could have pulled it off, so they didn't even try.

SoFustratedWithThisShiz

no no....Britney's career IS over. These awards were rigged for her to get.
Someone please put Britney back on the suicide watch, i like her much more when she was there.

moody

tmz can you not come up with any legit stories? she was so obviously not lip syncing, you could tell she was nervous but she got out there and did a good job!

itstrue

Sometimes I'm crazy, and miraculously, sometimes I'm not.......hmmmmm

beth

you go brit brit1

lil shorty

She has to be coddled like a little baby because she is still in a very delicate state of mind. Rmember when she was on "How I Met Your Mother"? During taping, the cast was not allowed to talk about any of the controversy surrounding Brit, they were not even allowed to ask her how her kids were doing, So that pretty much left nothing for them to say to her but "hello". I just thought that was so funny, I had to share it.Apparently she is still a basketcase ready to crack.
Oh and thanks for that info on that website with all that incredibly nasty stuff about Brit Brit. I couldn't believe all the pics and the things I read about her.Blew my mind...... Everyone should check out..... idontlikeyouinthatway.com
once you get there find britney's name and you'll see 20-30 pages of some pretty wild sh*t!!!!!!!!!!!!!

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments