Ding Dang -- Brit's Cover Up Exposed!

9/8/2008 8:45 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Britney Spears opened the VMAs last night with the telltale sign of a notorious lip syncher -- completely covering her moving lips the entire time she opened the show.
Britney Spears: Click to watch
That said, TMZ eats crow for declaring her career dead after last year's girthy performance. She ain't dead at all after bizarrely winning three awards and looking awfully hot -- minus the spaghetti weave.

kell

She looked amazing! She wast the only reason I watched it, I couldn't stand the host, I muted him, then flipped back and forth because the show sucked so bad. But Britney looked so good! Unfortunately I think she won because of her past ordeal, because she has had much better songs and never won. I'm glad to see she is doing better though.

Lisa

You could have trained a monkey to do what she did. This does not warrent a "comeback". She was given the awards out of pity and in hopes of getting her piece of crap cd's to sell. As a mother, I'm disgusted with MTV and anyone saying she is anything more than a mess getting healthy.

Keyana

I agree with the person that said Britney's makeing good baby steps. With as badly as she's screwed up over the last 2-3 years, she can't jump right back into being Pop Princess Extraodinaire so quickly. That was her last mistake. She got into the limelight and got too big too soon, and it backfired. Besides, it's a little tricky to perfectly lip-sync nervousness. "Anniversary" anyone?

yaya

TMZ don't be retarded. If you actually listen to her speak, she says "ANNIVERSITY" instead of "ANNIVERSARY"! Good Lord, open your ears!

V

I SWEAR THIS WAS RIGGED!!!! WHO VOTED FOR BRIT??? THAT WAS SUCH A DISAPPOINT TO FOR THE REAL ARTISTS!

i love the 80

I THINK SHE LOOKED GREAT, THE BEST SHES LOOKED IN YEARS. I HOPE SHES HERE TO STAY ON THE STRAIGHT AND NARROW. I WAS SO HAPPY FOR HER IM SO GLAD SHE WON.. GOOD FOR YOU B. YOU GO GIRL.

WITH THAT SAID DID ANYONE ELSE THINK CHRISTINA WAS LIP SYNCHING ? SURE LOOKED LIKE IT TO ME!!

Lindsay Blohan

"...the 25th anniversity"? Ding dang y'all!

hffdh

she's not faking it dumbasses she really said that.

jayjay

Nobody pre-records audio using a made up word like anniversity. Unfortunately, she was LIVE

Sweetz

I don't particularly like Britney Spears but I must say, she looked AMAZING last night. I compared her to the last few months of chaos, and she really appeared to be in great health. She looks like she's back on track. Good job Britney!

ale

TMZ get over it, she looks good... I think is time we give her credit ..It took her a couple of months to come back and kick ass

KC

Brit Brit

You have done a wonderful job in getting healthier and continuing on with your career. You were judge when only you and the ones close to you knew what was really going on with in your personal life. There is always 2 sides to every story and No one has every heard your side or gave you the chance to tell your side.

You have been through a lot, yes you did make some bad choices, but you are stepping up to the plate and taking responsability for your actions now. You can't change the past, you can control the present and as for the future - well no one knows what the future holds, no one is rally promised a tommorow. So as long as you have stepped up to the plate and getting your priorities straight than thats all your fans can ask for.

You did good as long as you keep doing good then who cares what anyone else thinks!

Every one gets down on their luck at times and some peopple can fall down and get right back up and some need help in order to do it! Who cares how you do it or how long it takes - what matters is that you just do it! And well to me that is what she has done, she has fallen and slowly, with help of others getting back up! So you go Brit Brit!!! Make all those critics who ragged you and basically help strip away your self confidence eat their words!

You go Girl!!!! Congradulations on your awards...........

Annoyed in VA

I just wanted to say i read on here everyday for laughs. I am COMPLETELY annoyed at you with this one. I actually thought Brittany looked great for the first time in YEARS! Leave her alone. She is coming back up!

Padre023

It's obvious that a contract was signed promising britney that if she'd open the vma's they'd throw her some awards. It's amazing that anyone still supports her after making that loser babyfather of hers look like a drug addict and a bad father but then she signed custody over 2 him so she can whore around, sing, dance, and strip down 2 almost nothing on stage

What goes around will come around, Harvey

Anyone who wants to have viruses loaded onto their computer and then to have their credit card numbers and identity stolen should go to the site idliketostealallyourmoneyinthatway.com. Only lame losers who like to have their bank accounts emptied will go to this site looking for 30 pages of crap about Britney.