Russell Brand -- Working Girl

9/8/2008 1:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Here's alleged comedian Russell Brand at last night's VMAs (left) -- and Joan Cusack as a Staten Island secretary in the 1988 film "Working Girl" (right).
Russell Brand and Joan Cusack
One of them was pretty funny.

We're just sayin'!

.....

hfb...those awards are supposed to be based talent and quality, not who is the most talentless f-up on the planet...get real...slutney got those awards b/c folks felt sorry for her which is stupid b/c she brought it on her no-talent, useless, child-neglecting self!

Cynic

jenny - Is it okay if we, as Americans, call George W. Bush "retarded"? A monkey would have done a better job than Bush has, and I'm not afraid to say it!

BLACK MAN

RUSSELL BRAND WAS GREAT !!!!!

OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA !!! TAKE THAT REPUBLICAN REDNECKS AND EAT IT !!!! AHAHAHAH

THE WORLD WANTS OBAMA !!!

NO MORE OLD PLAE WHITE MEN IN THE WHITE HOUSE........or should I say the BLACK HOUSE !!!!

Jessica

Oh please. The whole world can have an opinion about good ol' George Bush. America's international policy effects the whole world. He f**ked up a lot in his 8 wonderful years. You come to America, especially a Brit (since England is practically our LAST ally, thanks Bush) you get Free Speech just like everyone else.

BLACK MAN

OBAMA OBAMA OBAMA

BLACK MAN

HE WAS GREAT......I LOVED EVERY SINGLE SECOND OF THE VMA HOST LAST NIGHT. ENCORE !!!!!!

londimom

i figured the uptight mtv crowd would not brands sense of humor.....because he says the truth what everyone wants to say, but is just to worried about being politically correct too say. please anyone that thinks the Jonas brothers, miley or any other teen star is worried about staying pure, lets just take a look at jamie lynn, britney, lindsey, paris etc etc. i am sure if jamie fox was up there saying the same thing everyone would be rolling out of thier seats, why....well those that half a brain know why, because we have to be "politiclly correct". whatever, its a wonder everyone hates americans, we act so rightous and pious.
russell brans is one funny bub, and those who dont get it, probable liked all the winners and nominees last nigt
what was that show mtv rap awards.

Laina

I THINK THE HOST WAS HORRIBLE. NONE OF US IN THE HOUSE KNEW WHO HE WAS OR HOW HE GOT PICKED TO HOST. BRITNEY LOOKED GREAT BUT DIDN'T DESERVE "VIDEO OF THE YEAR". SHE DESERVES TO BE COMMENDED FOR HER "TURN AROUND" BUT NOT THAT WAY. CHRISTINA AGUILLAR LOOKED HORRIBLE. SHE SOUNDED GREAT BUT I WOULDN'T HAVE RECOGNIZED HER IF I WOULDN'T HAVE KNOWN IT WAS HER. PINK LOOKED REALLY CUTE. LIL' WAYNE'S PERFORMANCE WAS DISGRACEFUL. JUMPING AROUND ON STAGE WITH HIS SHIRT OFF, SHOWING OFF HIS PUNIE BODY WITH HIS PANTS DOWN BELOW HIS ASS....LOOKS SO TRASHY AND SO 4 YEARS AGO. AT LEAST T.I. SHOWED SOME CLASS WITH HIS OUTFIT. I COULDN'T UNDERSTAND ONE WORD OF KANYE WEST'S PERFORMANCE AND I THOUGHT HE LOOKED EXTRA DARK AND TOO OLD.

ROCK WAS DEFINITELY MISSING!!!!

N

The entire show was pathetic. Who thought that guy was a good choice for a host? He is beyond stupid in looks and behavior. It looked like a bad production created by idiots that had no idea what they were doing. It is suppose to showcase the best in music, etc. All that show did was turn the music industry into a joke for late night TV. I, for one, turned it off after watching less than half of it. If they cannot make a decent show, don't do it at all.

PW

I couldn't even watch it. Not only was he awful and I didn't feel a connection with his sense of humor. The stage and seating area looked like something in a school gym and confusing. Looked like crap unless I missed something and I don't think I did. Yes MTV needs more rock. What happened to that!

cindy

He reminds me of that fruitcake in DROP DEAD FRED. They should have had Brittany Spears host instead of givng her pitty awards.

girls fan

Ive never heard of the guy except for his commercials with Brit. After last night I hope i never hear of him again!!!
He was absolutely aweful!! I would have taken any celeb drunk before I would watch him again!! NOT IMPRESSED AT ALL MTV!!!!

danica innocente

1 Russell Brand = 1/2 funny as Dane Cooke's not!
LIBERALS CAN SUCK IT!!!! Vote McCain 2008!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

V

WOW.. did MTV forget about the VMA's this year and throw this together last minute??? It looked the lowest budget event EVER!!! And who the hell was this guy from the UK, giving us HIS opinion on OUR election!?!?!?! He was so desperate for a laugh it was pretty sad!

Reta

I heard the crickets chirping...and what was all that lame political
crap about BUSH....????? Thought this was a MUSIC show!!!! YES YES
YES we all know BUSH is a moron who can't find his own way out of a
room, or string two words together (let alone pronounce them
correctly) but even I thought this dolt was a boring horror and
what's UP with the hideous ratted up pile of hair on the back of his
head? Isn't that called BEDHEAD....like, this guy has slept for YEARS
and gotten up without combing it out....somebody please give the guy a
comb...and from the looks of it...a toothbrush too!!!