Strippers Claim They're Getting Screwed

9/16/2008 2:10 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Two strippers have filed a class action lawsuit against several strip clubs, alleging they'd do better financially picking grapes in a field.

Demetria Ann Leshay and Roxanne Roberts allege they're basically working for free, dancing at Starz, First King, and King Henry VIII. They claim they're essentially working for tips, and part of that gets kicked back to management. The lawsuit alleges they're not even getting minimum wage. To add insult to injury, they're required to work for five hours at a time without a meal break. Oh, the humanity.

One thing the clubs do pay for: An L.A. county "sheriff's permit" for each girl to bump and grind. You need a sheriff's permit to strip?

Then there's this: The lawyer for the strippers cite a court case, ruling that dancers can be considered full-time employees even though they're "transient" and "lacked specialized skills." Patrons would beg to differ.

typical

Umm...who cares?

pj

um...ladies? maybe get a real job? there's no law in the land that says this is what you have to do. if enough ladies DON'T do it, either the clubs will change the way they do business or they'll go out of business.

hell with them all

get more money f--king

midi

you know, a lot of strip joints over here just pay by tips--which they collect regularly ever so often, so you are forced to tip out management and the runners. there is no base pay.

OCD

Then keep your clothes on and work at McDonalds. They hire talentless people also. Plus, they have insurance, overtime and all the french fries you can eat.

arte help

Awwww... poor dumb skanks. Get a real job!

Matt

I have a hard time buying this. Being a super-stud, I rarely go to these places, but when I do....I'm drunk and I know the least my friends and I drop is $500 a piece. It's like some sort of natural law that an attractive woman dancing in nothing but a pair of high-heels will be able to rob any drunk guy blind. Basically, when you're drunk, sitting on a couch and having a hot chick bounce all over you ads to your enjoyment....Thus, you keep paying until you run out of cash (and hopefully you left your bank-card at home). Hell, I've actually passed out and the girls will bight my ear till I wake up and keep forking over money.....That takes dedication, talent, and love-of-the-job. I'm thinking these girls must not be too hot and thus simply not cut out for the career thay've chosen.

ME

IF YOU'RE SO DAMN UNHAPPY STOP TAKING OFF YOUR CLOTHES, ACTING LIKE A SLUT AND FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO DO. THAT CAN'T BE YOUR ONLY TALENT I HOPE. BUNCH OF LOSERS. WHAT A STUPID LAWSUIT.

Joanna

ARE WE SUPPOSED TO FEEL BAD FOR THESE SLUTS..

JANE DOE

Could You Guys strip or do any job for 5 hours without a break?
Not that I like anything to do with them and their jobs!

Deport All Illegals

So because these women are strippers, they do not deserve to be treated equally as any other worker in any other industry? I find it hysterical posters will call these girls whores but then post nothing but love for a Jenna Jameson posting. I happen to be a former stripper, and I was paying for my college tuition. I didn't have rich parents to support me. A job at McDonald's doesn't pay tuition costs let alone any other bills. Once I graduated, I quit and I have nothing but respect for these girls. Call them whores but they are spending your money that YOUR man dropped on them...so hahahahaha.

Donna

Yes you need work cards & strippers pay a house fee; the % varies depending on the club.

northern gypsy

somthings not right here...i've known a few stripper...everyone of them stay because it's easy money...these gals can't be very good their profession !!! ladies time to explore other options ...l

Cynic

Oh, boo hoo hoo. Maybe these young ladies should try wearing clothes and get respectable jobs instead of snivelling about their situation.

OCD

To #12 Kate

If that's the way you chose to pay for your tuition, then you exercised your right to take charge of your life. There are obviously other women who would prefer to take out a student loan, get an education and pay off their loans after getting a better paying position due to their new sheepskin. The added benefit is not being pawed, leered at and being able to keep your dignity and self respect while achieving the same goal of getting an education.

Each to their own.