Chris' Wife Not in Labor at Time of Crash

9/21/2008 1:50 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

A publicist for Travis Barker and DJ AM contacted TMZ and says our sources are incorrect -- that Chris Baker's wife was not in labor when he died in the plane crash and that was not the reason Travis and the others flew home on a private jet.

The publicist adds, "Both Travis Barker and Adam Goldstein (DJ AM) are in critical but stable condition and are being treated at Joseph M. Still Burn Center in Augusta, Georgia after surviving a plane crash late last night in Columbia, South Carolina.

The hospital will issue a statement with an update on their condition at 9:00 am eastern time tomorrow. Due to the nature of the injuries and the evolving course of treatment no further information on their condition is available at this time.

The accident claimed the lives of four people on board, two of whom, Chris Baker (Lil' Chris) and Charles Still (Che), were close friends of the injured.

On behalf of Travis Barker and DJ AM, deepest sympathy is expressed to the loved ones of all who perished in the crash. As the two recuperate and mourn this loss, privacy for them, their families, and friends is requested at this time."

Rochi

TMZ.....check your sources a little more closely, this isn't a joke, it's a person's life! Maybe you should just stick to celebrity gossip instead of trying to report REAL news!

hmm

How sad, my prayers go out to them.

Mooshki

Thanks for posting the true story.

Me, myself and I

Although, I have no idea who any of these people are, it's sad that lives were lost and two others have been critically injured.

oh yaaaaaaaaaaa

man, scary when tmz can't post accurate..

name withheld

I just want everyone to know, Travis Barker is a brilliant artist who deserves the utmost respect. It is easy to accept death, when you have nothing to fear. Best wishes. His talent has been flying under the radar, hence the free concert he was performing. Which is just icing on his character. His passion for drumming introduced a most innovative way to Dj, and he ALWAYS bring s a smile tomy face. The musical genious he evokes while drumming to Soulja Boy floored me for, about two weeks!

VonAhole

I was wondering why you guys deleted your previous post about Chris.

Jen

whatever the latest news may be, my deepest condolensces to all of the families involved in this terrible tragedy. There are no words that could possibly measure the heartfelt sorrow. I am praying for all of you. God bless.

Angela

Severe burns are a very bad thing to predict. Some of hte most serious days are ahead and the medical staff will be on the look out for bacteria and infection. Which often times can be the ultimate cause of death.

While both Barker and Goldstein are alive and stable they will be monitored closely for some time.

I think the pain of being burned is one of the most painful injuries one can experience.

name withheld

Really Angela? I was kinda thinking burns all over the body wouldn't hurt at all!

HARDY-HAR-HAR

absolutely heartbreaking. our condolences and prayers to the families of those who did not survive, and prayers for Travis and Adam's recovery.

me

SO SO SAD!!!! :( my thoughts and prayers go out to ALL the families and friends!!

ElusiveDuke

This whole thing sucks. i agreee with prettygirrl, the performance to soulja boy he laid down was excellent.
He is the best drummer around these days. DJ AM is also the best the DJ around. I just hope they can continue on after this.
Bringing them both together was awesome. Check out some of the DJ-AM Travis Barker shows on youtube..its an experiance..not a concert. My prayers go out to both of thier families and them.

R U Kidding Me?

Rather than be concerned about being the "FIRST" to report every little damn thing TMZ... sit back and let things be. The survivors need to heal and the medical professionals need to take care of them... plus this involves a lot of loved ones in deep mourning right now. SO STOP WITH THE PETTY INACURRATE GOSSIPING OVER THIS HORRIBLE TRAGEDY!!! It's a miracle that anyone survived at all, so show some damn respect.

Nay

I know it sounded obvious, but burns are amazingly more painful than you can imagine. I've had cancer a few times, a ton of surgery, given birth 3 times, and nothing compares to the little swatches of skin that got burnt during radiation.
Now, I ache and pray for burn victims, as they have so much ahead of them. I just got a taste. I cannot imagine. Pray for them.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments