Smothers to Emmys: It's About F'n Time!

9/22/2008 12:18 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

He was awarded an honorary Emmy last night -- but just hours before the telecast, Tommy Smothers wasn't acting too grateful about getting a statuette 40 years too late.
Tommy Smothers: Click to watch

Yeddy-Bo

That is a Typical Smothers pose........ Ready to be stuffed!!!!!
Just saying...........

Ooooo Noooo!

Talk about your "one-trick pony" --jeez, this aging Hippy wasn't funny 35 years ago and STILL isn't funny. They gave him an Emmy? He's lucky they didn;t give him a rotten tomato.

TRACKER

anyone who takes advantage of a mic to talk politics is crap.he deserves no adulation or any of the other hollywoods mouths.real america will decide this election............

Melon Head

F@%K THIS QUEER....WHO GIVES A RATS ASS ABOUT ANY OF THEM!!

Boston Kate

Grateful!? Why should he be grateful for getting something he deserved?????

anna

omg. i hate old people!! old people need to shut the F**K up!!

arte help

Jezz, what is this guy 100?

bob

Putz. Old has-been hippie who's stuck in the 60's and can barely form a sentence becasue of all the cr*p he snorted and inhaled at Woodstock.

Triple Play

That A-Hole makes me hope that I don'r get like that when I'm a hundred. What a piece of SH-T he is. Why does he still think that America cares about what he says. Looking at the audience when he was doing his rant I saw many uncomfortable people with a look of Please make him stop talikng and just go away

Triple Play

He is still alive? I thought that he died years ago. I am glad tha I chose not to watch teh Emmy broadcast I can't stand that jerk or his self important brother

bewildered bystander

THIS GUY IS A HERO HE SPOKE OUT AGAINST THE VIETNAM WAR WHEN IT WAS UNPOPULAR TO DO SO,
OH AND THE "I HATE OLD PEOPLE" CROWD,
WHAT ON EARTH HAS THE YOUNGER GENERATION CONTRIBUTED TO OUR CULTURE? LETS SEE, BOY BANDS, REALITY TELEVSION, THE IPOD AND OH YEAH APATHY AGAINST THE WAR NOW, TELL YOU WHAT
I THINK I HATE YOUNG PEOPLE

Glisten Garbor

He was truly obnoxious!

kjk

i couldn't even make out what he was talking about, geez tmz ,you guys ask the dumbest questions!

Triple Play

#11 You're not mat dillon. He knows how to spell his nak=me and you don't. You must be another burnt out old Hippie drug abuser like Smothers. He sucks and so do all of you 1960's bleeding heart liberals. Smothers is so over cooked no one but someone like you couls understand him

el polacko

his speech was painful to watch. as usual, he was trying to make some sort of point but it was lost in all his stammering. his schtick always was 'playing' dumb'.... apparently, now he doesn't have to pretend. kind of like when mom told you that if you kept making that face it would freeze that way.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments