The Price Is Right for the Wrong Rich Fields

9/24/2008 2:05 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Rich Fields -- the voice of Price is Right -- is the victim of identity theft. While contestants win money and new cars, Fields is trying to get back $71,000 of his own cash.

It's affected the "Come On Down" crooner's cash flow -- his bank accounts are now frozen and he's not getting paid because his direct deposits are now disabled. He told the audience on Monday so far he hasn't received a paper check from the boss man.

No word if Bob Barker is a suspect.

Dmitri Davelle

Rick Roll

I want to be on that show, if he is making serious cash like that.

John

As a victim of ID theft myself, it's a horrible and long process to get sorted out.

justsaying

Hey! That wasn't even 1/8 of one paycheck.

davidooooo

And we care, how? Must be a REAL slow news day...

Barfalufugus

So, who is he?

Really?

You know what I don't get? You losers come on this website daily (I've come to recognize some of your names by now) and after each story you ask "So? Who is he?" And "Why do we care?" What I want to know is why do you still, day after day, come to this website and write the same stuff if it offends, bothers, troubles or irritates you so deeply? You write the same boring thing over and over. Maybe try a different website? I realize that some of the stories that TMZ has been posting lately are quite lame, but still, it's a "celebrity" web site. Not a real news web site. Considering most celebrities live in a bubble, doesn't it make sense that celebrity reporting becomes redundant, boring or rediculous after a while? I just think people waste so much time saying how TMZ wastes thier time. It's weird. Whew. I feel better now.

justanotherfknday

PRICE IS RIGHT.........for FREE CREDIT REPORT DOT COM..........JOKER SHOULD HAVE BEEN MONITORING HIS FINANCES FOR IDENTITY THEFT..........HE'S THE NEXT CONTESTANT FOR THE SHOWCASE SHOW DOWN!

Carrys F.

That is really sad.

Doubting

They don't know if Bob Barker is a suspect? Is that some sort of lame joke? It is not funny and I hope Barker sues.

duhh

Doubting, Yes it's a lame joke, emphasis on JOKE. Grow a sense of humor.

Dave

Steal my ID...no problem...I'll just open a million dollar life insurance on my real name...get myself a new name as the beneficiary ...find the dumb a-hole using my ID...he has a terrible deadly "accident"...I buy a new house and car...

L.Wolf

Identity theft should be a hanging offense. We treat it too lightly, unless it was us.

Traveler

I am a victim of ID theft as well. They got a lot more than $70,000 from my checking, savings and other accounts. It was caught finally, but if anyone has a social security number and a life, they need to be careful. The ID teft can also affect other aspects of your life.
I shred everything that comes into my house and they still got the information some how.
There are a lot of bad people in this world, as can be seen by the negative, nasty comments online and the mean behavior of people in the real world.
I just finished reading the book by Bill Cosby, "Come on People...". This is a book that should be read by everyone regardless of color, race religion etc.

BeenThere

It doesn't have to be from your garbage. When it happened to us, they had ALL of our information, including my parents' names and addresses, our children's names, etc. After a very long and painful 5 year process, they were finally caught on traffic tickets. (I had already gone to court to prove that I was NOT the one who received the tickets when an arrest warrant was issued.) Seems they had worked for a company where we had a credit card. They pulled our information from the company files and used it for themselves. They bought a car, over $10k worth of watches/jewelry, and loads of other stuff. I don't know what ended up happening to them, but we have been terrorized to the point of constantly looking over our shoulders and shredding everything. This is a nightmare no one should have to go through.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments