Concetta Rosa Maria Franconero

10/15/2008 1:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 69-year-old resurfaced at a NYC event, looking stunning.
Connie Francis
In 1974, Connie was raped at a Howard Johnson's Lodge after a performance at the Westbury Music Fair. The rapist was never found.

Connie has been divorced four times and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Gay everyday

Connie Francis is a very caring person,who has done alot for people with illnesses such as aids.and victums of violent crime.What have some of you done besides write hateful coments ? What will you looklike at 69,I'll bet you don't look as good as Connie now! It's sad that you young people don't know who or what you're talking about. I'm glad I grew up with people like Connie to admire. She still inspires me now. I saw two of her fabulous concerts last year in San Francisco.,and she's still got it.! A great talent ,a great American,a beautiful human being. She would be the first to say she has been blessed with incredible heights in life as well as incredible challanges. She is a true survivor. She is an entertainer who gives her audiences a lot. If you can't appreciate her I feel sorry for you,but she has plenty of people who love her. Ross

moveover

Looks like she bought one of Michael Jackson's old noses.

CA

Hi Ross, Happy to see someone who has a brian on here. Thanks for setting the record staright on our girl.
Whoever was so ignorant to say "Don't mind me I am an old bitch" I am SURE YOU ARE!
But I am old and I can be a bitch, especially when someone trashes someone I care about, and I care a lot about Connie. but the fact is you are obviously a bigger one than I am.
Ross is right, Connie does so much for others. She is truly and amazing and very LOYAL woman. She treats her fans like friends and with respect. Some of you should wish you even close to the person she is!

LinesofLove

i saw Connie last year at the Neil Sedaka tribute in NYC...she looked beautiful and sounded AMAZING...among all the performers...Natalie Cole, Neil himself, Dion, The Captain & Tennille, Clay Aiken...Connie received the biggest ovation...she was that good...people were weeping during "Where the Boys Are"...her notes just soared!! When she dueted with Neil it was like watching a classic talk show...their patter was charming...Connie was informative and funny. She is a survivor...go study her music...or see her perform when she comes to your town...you can't trade her layers of talent. God bless Connie!!!

Josh

You could cut a loaf of bread with her nose.

d

You know the woman is nearly 70 for heaven's sake. At least she is smiling. The rape damaged her emotionally very badly. She quit performing for quite awhile and was never the same after. She is a gifted lady and those making smart aleck comments or making fun of her should be ashamed.

rob kennedy

Connie Francis had one of the best voices back then in the 50's and I do own some of her cd's and she went through the heinous attack and really was never the same after that but her voice in my humble opinon was one of the best.Who Sorry Now.Lipstick on you collar,Where The Boys Are were just a few of her hits.God bless you Connie wherever you are and you will be always one of the greats as far as I'm concerned.

phylli

Connie looks great. She is a natural beauty and very talented.

TOM

I have always had a lot of Respect for Connie Frances.

When I was in Vietnam my base was not a safe place. The only singer who ever came out to entertain us was Connie Frances. She came in put on show and they left her helicopter running.... "just in case".

Bob Hope never did any shows out where the Purple Hearts grow. Connie Frances risked her life to come out and sing for us. I will never forget, as she was the only one I ever saw take that kind of risk.

Most of Hopes people were beautiful women who gave special "attention" to high ranking military....

Connie Frances was a classy lady and patriot who's life was almost destroyed a low life POS who was never caught.

They earned, EARNED the respect that Combat Troops have for her, as did Ann Margret another special lady.

TOM

Rocky

Connie was never a fav. of mine anyway and looks just as bad today as she did than

kiki

WHAT////// Only 69 years old? I'm 77 years old and I was a kid when she was singing. I did love her voice though.

My opinion

I LOVE CONNIE FRANCIS (lipstick on your collar)

ddl

God everytime i come read this crap.theres someone younger that thinks their all that..like you will never get old....you can only hope so long as theres not a drive by on your mothers trashy road...so shut up....at least she was pretty one time..some can never say that because they even born butt ass ugly............

Tia

A trainwreck for sure. It looks like she doesn't have any teeth with the way she has her tongue in the way. With the lipstick totally smeared on. She does look better than she used to, face lifts, etc. She is a totally has been, that uses her attack & so called bipolar disease as an excuse for all her public outbursts. yuuuuuuuuuuuuukkkkkkkkkkk!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nancy

Beautiful lady - as opposed to the brief article , her accomplishments far outshadow the difficulties she has endured. Her voice was angelic and she bought much joy and happy memories to so many of her fans.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments