Concetta Rosa Maria Franconero

10/15/2008 1:58 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

The 69-year-old resurfaced at a NYC event, looking stunning.
Connie Francis
In 1974, Connie was raped at a Howard Johnson's Lodge after a performance at the Westbury Music Fair. The rapist was never found.

Connie has been divorced four times and was diagnosed with bipolar disorder.

Carmine A Martorilli

Connie was and still is a legend
she had a hard life not of her doing but of her family not like the rock stars today who are a mess and either druged or drunk all the time of there own doing.
I agree we really don;t need torehash her rape and bipolar condition. of course that's what sells, not the fact she was a victim. and still tried to make a life for herself.
i would go to see her perform right now before i'd go see any of these spoiled drugies of today.

AK

SHE HAS HAD SOME BAD PLASTIC SURGERY .WHOOWEEE GOOD ADVERTISEMENT FOR REMAINING NATURAL

sue

She was a great singer. Too bad people can only sling mud about something that happened that she had no control over.The rape affected her for a long time. The music from the 50s and 60s is the best. The stuff that passes for music now is crap. You could sing along with the oldies,nothing about killing your mother, or hos or any of the trash nowadays.

TELLITALLNOW

TO ALL....the people who wrote HATEFUL comments,,,,YOUR DAY WILL COME............. lets see how you handle all the HATRED AND DISRESPECT...that will be thrown "your way."............ and yes you may look physically better today than she does ,,BUT the " ugliness" THAT SPEWS FROM INSIDE YOU WILL OVER COME YOUR OUTSIDE APPEARENCES
SHE WAS SUCH A LADY :)

Kristina Anne Connors

I remember Connie Francies well. She was and still is a lovely performer. Connie will always be remembered for her beautiful Italian songs. Her singing would bring tears to your eyes, as in each song, she played the role of someone who was elegantly beautiful. Insofar as the disaster that occurred, it was indeed unfortunate. I guess there are still mentally ill people out there who sought to destroy a lovely treasure made by God, alone. Her grief is behind her. His is yet to come.

THE SHAMROCK

ALL YOU NEGATIVE "A-H" WHO POSTED THOSE HORRIBLE COMMENT'S...MUST HAVE BEEN BORN IN A SEWER AS I DOUBT IT THEY HAVE PARENTS, OLDER FAMILY OR FRIENDS. I SAW CONNIE A FEW TIMES LAST WINTER AND SHE LOOKED GREAT AND HER RECENT CONCERTS WHERE SOLD OUT MONTHS IN ADVANCE.

YOU GO GIRL...YOUR ARE LOVED.
PS JOSH YOUR COMMENT ABOUT HER NOSE...MEANS ONE THING ABOUT YOU..SMALLLLLLL D

conniesfan

Connie - there are millions of us whose lives you have touched all over the world. We continue to adore you and will always do. Your singing has brought so much joy in our lives and how you struggled with your life is simply inspirational.
Thanks for everything! We love you!

ROSEMARY BELLINGER

I purposely put my real name on the site as I NEVER say or write anything about anyone or anything, whether it be negative or positive, that I wouldn't proudly announce on national TV.

That being said, I firmly believe that;
" ....People who have NOTHING to hide, hide NOTHING..."

While I can't claim that I know Connie personally or that we are best friends, we do share a very close mutual friend. As a result, I have had the opportunity to meet Connie....be in her personal company.. .many times. What I can share is that her photos do her NO justice. Additionally, I can tell you that she is a pure and gentle soul and that she is beautiful on the inside and outside.

Not only does she have a beautiful voice, but, Connie's greatest asset...what defines her / sets her aside from the rest of beautiful women with beautiful voices...is the pure EMOTION and PASSION that she can express in all her songs. Who of us doesn't CRY when we hear ' Mama '...or many of her songs, for that matter ??

Unfortunately, when a person is in the public eye, she / he is often " forced " to make many surgical improvements/ changes BECAUSE OF the very people who so cruelly expressed themselves herein. Just as all you tabloid CRITICS are judging Connie's appearance now, your unsolicited commentary would exist whether she made surgical changes or not. Not knowing or caring whether Connie has ever gone under a knife, and as substanciated by all of YOU herein, celebrities are always faced with the very cruelity and insensitively of the magnifying eye of public opinion. I can't even fathom the pressure that faces these celebrities to ALWAYS look PERFECT and NEVER age !!

So....ALL of you PERFECT critics are the very REASON why celebrities et al too often find themselves in the precarious position of being bashed for either growing old NATURALLY, or " holding-on " for dear life UNATURALLY. It's people like ALL of you hypocrites on this site, who put celebrities in the NO-WIN position of being; "...damned if they do...and...damned if they do not...".

ALL OF YOU CRITICS NEED TO POST A PHOTO OF YOUR OWN PERFECT MUG SHOTS WHEN YOU POST SUCH NEGATIVE AND UNKIND COMMENTARY !!!

COME ON......................BRAVE AND PERFECT FOLK, SHOW US WHAT YOU'VE GOT !!!

IT'S SO EASY TO BE SO BOLD AND CRITICAL " IN-HIDING"...NOW, ISN'T IT???

I rest my case.
CASE CLOSED.

ROSEMARY BELLINGER

That being said, I firmly believe that;
" ....People who have NOTHING to hide, hide NOTHING..."

While I can't claim that I know Connie personally or that we are best friends, we do share a very close mutual friend. As a result, I have had the opportunity to meet Connie....be in her personal company.. many times. What I can share is that her photos do her NO justice. Additionally, I can tell you that she is a pure and gentle soul and that she is beautiful on the inside and outside.

Unfortunately, when a person is in the public eye, she / he is often " forced " to make many surgical improvements/ changes because of the very people who so cruelly expressed themselves herein. Just as all you tabloid CRITICS are judging Connie's appearance now, your unsolicited commentary would exist whether she made surgical changes or not. Not knowing or caring whether Connie has ever gone under a knife, as substanciated herein, celebrities are always faced with the very cruelity and insensitively of the magnifying eye of public opinion. I can't even fathom the pressure that faces these celebrities to ALWAYS look PERFECT and NEVER age !!

So....ALL of you PERFECT critics are the very REASON why celebrities et al too often find themselves in the precarious position of being bashed for either growing old NATURALLY, or " holding-on " for dear life UNATURALLY. It's people like ALL of you hypocrites on this site, who put celebrities in the NO-WIN position of being "...damned if they do...and...damned if they do not...".

COME ON, BRAVE AND PERFECT FOLK, SHOW US WHAT YOU'VE GOT !!!

IT'S SO EASY TO BE SO BOLD AND CRITICAL " IN-HIDING"...NOW, ISN'T IT???

I rest my case.
CASE CLOSED.

Fran M.

Dear #65, TELLITALLNOW. Thank you for your words. You said it right. The people on here who posted the hateful comments about this beautiful woman will get their day. What goes around comes around. What UGLY people THEY are. I also want to say to those who say she "WAS" a great singer. Go to one of her concerts now -- there are two coming up in November and more next year -- you will see for yourself that she STILL IS the greatest female singer around. God bless Connie.
Fran

F.B.Greenwald

I worked for MGM Records in the 60s into the 70s. Connie was aspecial gift to the world.TALENT yes! I hope she reads this I have in my possesion a post card mailed from England to MR. BOB D. at the studio 4th floor Lowes State Bldg.from Connie. I cut master discs for several of her hits. I am sure she rembers VAL V. She touched my life in many ways.I want to say thankyou for being you. To all the critics regarding the photos shame on them. Do not judge the book by its cover it is what's inside that really counts. Her songs came from the heart. Message 69 says it all. THANK YOU CONNIE. FBG

December

I have never posted a comment on one of these forums because I never felt like lowering myself to the level of so many vengeful hate-filled people. But I couldn’t resist responding to some of the opinions written about a true legend such as Connie Francis. Those who called her “whore”, and made references to Halloween show themselves to be pathetic fools who have nothing better to do than to make hateful comments about people they don’t know, likely know little about and haven’t come close to achieving a fraction of what Connie has in her life. I find it coincidentally interesting that those who spew the most hate and venom are usually the ones that are obviously the most ignorant and least educated, usually not even able to spell simple words or to put a complete sentence together. Isn’t it a crime that someone who is pushing 70 doesn’t still look like she’s 20? Armed with an incredible singing talent and hard work, and despite the controlling influence of her father, she has been able to carve out a career that has lasted and triumphed for over half a century. She was a beautiful young girl and is now an attractive older woman with many fine attributes. Over her life she has faced and overcome persistent tragedy and torment. In her 30's she was attacked by an intruder into her room, one in an upscale hotel which was later found to be liable due to their negligence in lack of security. Over several hours she was brutally and repeatedly beaten and raped. In the years following she dealt with numerous physical problems and an ongoing battle with bipolar disorder, which forced her to be confined to a psychiatric hospital several times, and to subvert her creativity and vibrance to the effects of prescription medication. She survived four marriages and divorces, two of which were relationships of a physically abusive nature. Patterns such as those usually follow histories with controlling fathers, father figures, mentors, and other authority figures from one’s formative years. Those who feel they are qualified to condemn her without a trial say more about themselves than they do about her. Her only brother was murdered, she endured years of dealing with sycophants and parasites attempting to live off of her talent and accomplishments, and she raised and showered love on the son she adopted following a miscarriage after trying for a long time to have a child. How many amongst those of you who have written all your spiteful and mean remarks have endured a tenth of what she has and managed to come out as strong and lovely a person as she has? None, because you are too consumed with spending your time expressing hate for people you don’t even know.

To those of you who wrote kind and sympathetic comments about Connie, thank you for recognizing that she is and always will be a true icon, an integral part of entertainment history and someone who has earned and deserves our respect and affection.

And thank you Connie, for giving us all the years of beautiful memorable songs, a strong sense of connection, and a mutual history for those of us who have grown up with you.

PJ

I,m just amazed how cruel people can be,These igornat remarks that are being made are from people that have no idea want a great talent Connie is ,and she is also a beautiful person who has given of her fabulous talent to millions of her fans and I as one of her many fans since 1958 has seen in person 4 times and each time I am more in awe of her ,I will be seeing her again very soon.I don,t care how young or old she is ,she is fabulous SO NOW I,M TAKING NAMES AND KICKING ASS BECAUSE JERKS WHO DON,T HAVE ANYTHING NICE TO SAY SHOULD JUST SHUT-UP AND LET THOSE OF US WHO LOVE HER RESPECT FOR A GREAT LADY PJ

doggy dog

Isn't she from that movie Where the Boys are? She seems to look ok to me. With bipolar she probably has this everychanging personality whoohoo how fun for her! Nuts one day depressed the next high the next woohoo!!!!!!!!!!!!

Liz

Kathryn, I'll tell you why people get face lifts. I'm 70 and I hate looking in the mirror, wrinkles that don't quit, eyelids that droop, hair that turned grey. I know why people do it, it's because you hate the way you look. Yesterday I saw an old movie and in it somebody said something like, "at least I don't have to look at my face, I'm behind it." If I had the money I'd get work done, but I'd go to the best surgeon around. Kathryn, come back to me when you're 70 and we'll talk.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments