Sumner Redstone Pulls Trigger on Marriage

10/21/2008 8:17 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

UPDATE: Redstone issued the following statement through his rep: After five and a half years together, we have amicably ended our marriage. While this is a difficult decision for both of us, we remain close and supportive friends and are committed to each other's continued happiness and success. We will have no further comment and hope that you will respect our privacy"

Sumner Redstone has been in a dumping mood. First Tom Cruise, now his wife.

TMZ has obtained divorce docs filed on Friday. Redstone, the 85-year-old Executive Chairman and founder of Viacom, has asked for a divorce from 46-year-old Paula Fortunato, his wife of 5 years. It's his second marriage.

According to Forbes -- pre-economic collapse -- Redstone was worth around $9 billion. Sumner has had some serious debt problems recently with his companies, and there has been talk he might have to jettison CBS Corp.

Redstone cites irreconcilable differences. The docs say "The parties have entered into a marital settlement agreement setting forth the rights and claims to ... their separate property assets and debts." Sounds like a prenup to us.

During his first marriage, Redstone was in a Boston hotel -- according to some reports, with his alleged mistress -- when the building caught fire. Redstone was hanging from the third floor balcony waiting to be rescued. His right hand and other parts of his body were severely burned.

Dallas

I would hate to see that mess (Redstone) in bed and naked!

!!

9 BILLION !!!

I volunteer to be wife # 3 !!

Rest in Peace

Why would an 85 year old divorce?! That is bad karma my friend...

nira k

He's jinxed. He will continue to be jinxed until he puts right the wrongs of the past. Too many wrongs has caught up with him.

Ms. X

@ What?
You're a follower. McCain's old ass says "My Friend".

Anyway...that old 85 yrs. young coot knows it's time to party with other chicks or die married.

L.S

9 billion isn't enough to sleep w/ that wrinkled old pig.....

get well soon

Is that the teacher wife? supposedly she was a teacher all these years before she met him.

NUMbnuts

Oh mr. redstones, call me and I'll do you anytime....with 9 billion i can look past your wrinkly old ass and schribbled up junk...

Oh i might even fist you if your lucky...

Braindamaged2too

Why is this news??? I mean he stopped "shooting" his pistol years ago. O.K. having 9 billion dollars goes a long, long way to overcoming the obvious............I mean you can buy an awful lot of battery operated "toys!"

Snookers13

I'm with you number 6. Yuck.

#645732 - Cell Block H

She's just another gold digging whore who used an old man for his money. Look at Anna Nicole Smith, the tramps who sleep with Hef, and the many other women, (and some men) who bed these old coots for either fame or fortune. Heck, Hollywood was built by people like these. But, if these old folks want to, "go out with a bang", and they are willing to give away part of their fortunes, more power to them. Doesn't make it right morally, but I guess scruples don't exist in that type of relationship.

L

Sumner: I'll marry you!

jerry

SIMPLE..... He is an idiot to marry a gold digger... and she is disgusting and a sleeze for being the gold digger...

I'd hate to be the next guy that messes around between her legs after that creep has been in there...

Yuck!

my lips are sealed

I believe his son will follow in his shoes anytime soon. My cousin works for Mr. & Mrs. Redstone and she (my cousin) might be having an affair with his son. That's all I have to say.

deleta

I like her last name. Says it all.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments