Lynyrd Skynyrd Guitarist Busted for That Smell

10/23/2008 3:20 PM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Not all DUI busts are created equal.
Read the docs
Gary Rossington, one of the founding members of the band Lynyrd Skynyrd was arrested on DUI charges last month in Milton, Ga. Here are some of the highlights of the Sept. 9 arrest, dug up by The Smoking Gun website. These are direct quotes from Officer Alan Kelton:

-- "Mr. Rossington was very unsteady on his feet and almost fell over multiple times."
-- "I had Mr. Rossington sit in his vehicle so he would not fall."
-- "Mr. Rossington stated 'I know I am drunk , I do not want take the evaluations.'"

Rossington blew a .097 and .095 on the Georgia Intoxiliyzer 5000 (best Breathalyzer name ever). He was cited for DUI and released.

Barfalufugus

He's still alive? I thought they were all either dead or in retirement homes by now.

Yeddy-Bo

The fact that Skynard is the greatest rock band of all time should have been considered!!!
Those Red Neck cop bastards were probably listening to John Teshe when they pulled him over.
just saying...............

100% Me

Number 2 Yeddy Bo,

I guess you're just another Obama supporter waiting on all his hand outs to losers like you. Idiot!

Meri

Love Lynyrd Skynyrd Band. They are still the best. Sorry this happened to Gary. He's a great guitarist!

Colo.Girl

I thought that was Billy Bob at first.

FreakyDeaky

Hell witha name like "Georgia Intoxiliyzer 5000" I'd admit to being drunk too. That's one piece of machinery that sounds like it can sense the three beers you had two weeks ago.

DJ

.09 that's it? No way he'd be falling down with just a .09. I think other substances were used. I come to work with .09 and I'm just fein.. er.. fin.. fine. Ya that's it, fine.

sandy

#3: My gosh you can't have a real job. You're all over this website leaving comments.

---------

uhm, hell-O! pot, meet kettle. maybe you should get a life instead of counting other people's comments on TMZ. If you're interested in politics, go to another web site. this is a gossip site for fun, not a forum to attack other people for having an opinion that differs from your own.

deleta

Cited and released? WTF? I had 3 glasses of wine and spent the night in jail, community service, fine and AA meetings. Bogus!

dirty white boy.

Join the club Gary.Still love ya..

Yeddy-Bo

Thanks #10, I wasn't going to respond to the Whining Bitch (comment #3) Because i don't have as much tact as yourself.
And as far as a job, i do O.K. getting under the skin of "Morons" like Misty which is probably her stage name at the Transgender dance hall !!!!!!!!
Just saying.....................

lori

Ah...thats nothing...your still a great musician...!!

Joe Mama

why do celebs and rockstars always get popped for dui. they can easily have a limo service take them out if they want to party. tisk tisk tisk..........

patti

Mr. Rossinton,

I had the honor of meeting you two times in Houston tx. You was kind enough to take a pic with our 13 year old son as he attended his first concert ever, this past summer with kid rock & LYNYRD SKYNYRD!!!! You have lived more, and lost more than most could understand...PRAYERS for you sent.....Give up the stuff man, give it up! Just think if you had killed someone, you would have died yourself.... KEEP going,,, you r LOVED! I wake up yto your music EVERYDAY! FREE BIRD...

bluviolet66

What a schmuck! Allen Collins didn't teach you anything - you dumb ass? You lucked out several times already - just how far to do you think you can push your luck? You're the only one left (besides billy) the real talent of that band died long ago & you ignore other living members. Now stick to being a tribute band & stop sullying the Skynyrd name with that new crap you crank out. Johnnie's an alright stand in, but NO ONE can hold a candle to Ronnie.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments