Barenaked Guy Stripped of Serious Drug Rap

10/29/2008 4:30 AM PDT BY TMZ STAFF

Barenaked Ladies' singer-guitarist Steven Page could get drug charges tossed if he stays away from the sniffy jiffy for six months.

Last night, in court in upstate New York, Page had his felony cocaine possession charge hacked down to a misdemeanor. Page was also granted something called "an adjournment in contemplation of dismissal," which means the misdemeanor drug rap he's still facing could get dismissed altogether if he stays out of trouble for six months.

Page was caught with a vial of white powder back in July sitting in his apartment.

VioletteUK

Shame that.
Nuff said.

Luke Warmwater

Who would've guessed? The guy is not a lady and he's seldom barenaked. He should have just turned himself in.

kelli

this is totally a fair "punishment". he has no arrest record and people have gotten less punishment for bigger crimes. i am a HUGE BNL fan and i am glad to know they won't be banned from the US!

katieK.

Oh Steven why?. You've been given another chance, please take it and turn your life around for the better.

Leisa

Another celeb with special priveledges, they really don't live in the real world. SAD!

eyeball

He sings kids songs. Shame on you. Paging Dr. Drew please help this loser get he's Sh@@ together. Next we'll hear that Barney has a prescription drug problem.

Your'e Fired!

Moron, you just kissed your tours across the border, goodbye. Hope you are happy JUST touring, O'Canada!

G

oh please. i'm so sick of all this "special treatment" crap I hear when celebrities get arrested. Pretty much anywhere in the country, your first (non violent) offense will be treated much less severely and usually gets dropped if you follow their rules... UNLESS you are a loud mouth wise ass, and they throw the book at you b/c of your bad attitude. So please stop with all this special treatment nonsense. It's annoying.

az_grrrl

First off, wasn't his house. It was an apartment, and it belonged to a lady named Christine Benedicto. They were inside, and the cops looked in the window and saw them sitting at a kitchen table.
Secondly, they did one--ONE!!-- kids album. For their own kids. I still let my kid listen, it's a fabulous album. It's not like here in America the world follows the BNL guys and everyone knows what's going on... my daughter doesn't even know about this, and loves teh BNL. I've taken her to their concerts and I will again.
lastly, who are you people to pass judgement? That's what the JUDGE is there to do.

TJ

I didn't know people outside of canada even knew who he was.

Brian

Nah, he didn't get special treatment. I got the same ACOD "sentence" but with 20 hours community service attached for a similar offense back when I was in college...luckily my first and only offense. I am certainly no celeb! The sentence was fair (for both of us) for a first offense.