Beyonce: I Am Wonder Woman

11/8/2008 7:41 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Forget Beyonce's alter ego, Sasha Fierce -- she has a new fantasy persona in mind ... Wonder Woman.
Beyonce and Wonder Woman
Mrs. Knowles-Carter tells the Los Angeles Times she is definitely interested in playing Wonder Woman on the big screen saying, "A black Wonder Woman would be a powerful thing. It's time for that, right?" She has already met with reps of DC comics and Warner Bros to express her interest.

Seeing as "Catwoman" and "Elektra" were both box office bombs, Bey might want to rethink the whole superhero thing.

M.P.

"A black Wonder Woman would be a powerful thing. It's time for that, right?" statements like this are so stupid, i guess its time for a white Green Lantern too then, huh?

CRYSTAL

I wish she would just go have some babies and retire. she is not a good actress!

Hawkeye

Yes, but are DC Comics and Warner Brothers interested in her?

I love it when celebrities proclaim "I wanna play (insert character here)."

Well I wanna be an astornaut, but i doubt that's gonna happen any time soon.

missshutup

wow this sha'll be intresting....thats all i gatta say

beckey

megan fox for wonder woman!!!!!

rresiak

A black wonder woman would be a powerful thing? Slow down sister. We just elected a black president, don't push your luck.

Lissette

I think that fall is still causing stupidity. I do not think she is a good actress, she is a singer!!
Please do not make an idiot out of yourself AGAIN!!

John D. Genovese

OVER

MY

DEAD

BODY!!!!!!!

suzy Q

I DO NOT like Beyonce, nor will I ever be a fan! I met her once, and she's got to be one of the most snobbish, conceited and self-centered people I've ever met! She obviously doesn't understand that FANS MAKE CELEBRITIES WHO THEY ARE!!! But she has the attitude that SHE IS WHAT BRINGS THE FANS BECAUSE OF WHO SHE IS-----that is totally not true! I've seen how she's talked down to some of her assistants, security, average people,etc. and she has the nerve to think that she's a wonder woman? Oh please! Give me a break!!!
Miss, to be beautiful on the outside first comes from the inside......
YOU MUST REMEMBER THAT YOU ARE ONLY IN THIS POSITION WITH THE HELP OF YOUR FANS!!!!

Toby Christensen

In other news:

Mark Wahlberg is being considered for the role of Luke "Power Man"
Daniel Radcliffe is being cast as Black Panter
Nicholas Cage will relaunch the Blade series
and
Ed Begley Jr. is rumoured to be reading for the role of Black Lightning

suzy Q

to add to my last comment #8.

By the way, WONDER WOMAN IS A BEAUTY!!!!!

Toby Christensen

My previous comment was supposed to read:
Mark Wahlberg is being considered for the role of Luke "Power Man" Cage

1. umm, wonder woman is a white woman. if fact, they have already cast michael jackson! so, sorry...

Actually there are several white Green Lanterns, most notably Hal Jordan and Guy Gardner, both of whom Beyonce has expressed and interest in playing.
Posted at 11:48AM on Nov 8th 2008 by MP

Kristen

Jessica Beil would make a great wonder woman or Scarlett Johansen

t.b

All the black people are wanting to take over. First, the presidency, now Wonder Woman. Beyonce is ridiculous.

R.gar

Beyonce's lost her damn mind thinking that she the acting chops to headline a movie. BTW Beyonce/Sasha, I don't remember Wonder Woman having a badonk-a-donk !
I'd like to see one of these major heroes brought to film as something other than a beat-em-up a la Batman and actually come out as a thinker with minimal effects.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments