TMZ -- Mayer's Stepping Stone to Prime Time!

11/13/2008 11:35 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

OK, it's true he had a big career before "hosting" TMZ, but it's no coincidence that months after John Mayer hijacked TMZ TV, he landed a network TV series.

We've learned Mayer will host a weekly variety show for CBS. And here's the deal. We know CBS would like to run the show as soon as possible -- the goal is the first quarter of 2009.

It will be a music, variety and sketch show in the '60s mold. Ken Ehrlich (who produces the Emmys and Grammys) will produce the show with Mayer.

But here's the best part. CBS execs saw Mayer's big appearance on TMZ and were impressed, so we're taking credit -- but only if it works. Watch and vote.

iJoJo

FIRST! It appears that John Mayer is continuing his path to becoming the most over-rated and over-exposed simpering artist in the world.

aloha

Hell, yes, I'll watch. He's brilliant.

barry Gordy is genius

I love John Mayer but whoever produced the Grammys SUCKS BALLS.

NYC

John is the most calculating mofo. No wonder he gets back together with Jen. She creates heat for his career and people are interested in him again.

And Boom! he gets a tv show. I can't believe how dopey Jen is falling for this boy's games.

LD

He had a show on VH1 that was VERY funny!!

Fay

You can tell that poll is so rigged. Now TMZ is back into John overrated phony hyped up world. TMZ you should not sell yourself so cheap. You look like a 2-bit hooker. No one is going to watch that douche bag's show and it will be can.
I see why Mayer said a few words to paps, he is beginning his kissing up because he need fans again. His fans have to be the more stupid than Jessica Simpson and Jennifer Aniston because Mayer gives you his but to kiss when he don't need you to feed into his hype and buy his douche music.

Fay

Oh I forgot.
It's time for CAA PR team to get to work to hype up the douche bag. Here come the phony payed poster.

Shawn

I think he'll do great at it. He a good musican, like to talk to people and is interesting so why not.

SheShe

Kudos to John....great sense of humor! I'd watch

littlebigmomma

I think this guy should go away. Does anyone really like his music? I have asked many of my friends and I know women are supposed to be gaga over this guy but none of us are. He's a skinny, ugly, okay talented guy. What's the big deal?????

raggamuffin

I wud watch.the vid clip,1st time seeing it,was realy captivating,humourous,and all round a silly form of fun to watch,but not mindless,like many of VH1 and MTV's tv shows,you all know which 1s im talking about.

Di from Chey

Oh Joy! Did hennifer pull strings for her much younger lover??

carolyn

Gee, no wonder he went with Rachel, or Jennifer, as most people confuse Jennifer with Rachel thinking she is that sweet person. That is a laugh. But John knew which women to date to get the most exposure, give him credit for that . He is a user with talent. Jennifer used her "Mrs. Brad Pitt" to get her attention/exposure. So what goes around comes around. lol

lundy

talentless jerk.jen is to good for him!send him packing jen!!

northern gypsy

hey i dig J.M. he's a natural with the camera...not everyone can film (what appears) so effortlessly...as long as production stay's high on his show...i'll watch...

| 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments