Britney's B-Day Gift to Herself -- Freedom

12/3/2008 12:25 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

One of the people in this photo celebrated their birthday with a night out in New York City away from their conservators.

Luckily, no lip miming or arm dancing ensued.

twinky

She didn't ..look happy at all to me on the MTV special. She said she was real sad cuz she needed excitement, etc. But, hey JACK 54, IF YOU SAY SHE'S HAPPY, I'm sure she is. It's probably just hilarious being babysat by your father 24/7 when you're 27.....

who has the facts? ME

I grew up with Madonna and enjoyed her 80's music, but even in my college years was not dumb enough to worship anyone enough to pay exhorbitant amounts of money to see them. Celebrities are using you and laughing all the way to the bank. It doesn't cost any money to listen to the radio...No wonder this young generation is in financial straights, never learned the value of money.

Jesus Christall

Brit rules

SWEETARTZ

SOME PEOPLE ARE JUST A WRECK !!! AND IM NOT TALKING ABOUT BRITT!!! I MEAN SHE MADE HER MONEY SHE CAN SPEND IT THE WAY SHE WANTS AND THEY ARE HER KIDS AND I THINK THAT SHE IS GETTING BETTER WITH THEM ! SOME PEOPLE JUST NEED TO WORRY ABOUT THERE OWN LIVES AND STOP CRITICIZING BRITT ON HOW SHE LIVES HERS !IM SURE THAT IF WE WERE TO LOOK INTO YOUR LIFE THERE WOULD BE SOMETHING THAT SOMEONE DIDNT LIKE !!!!!!!!

who has the facts? ME

sweetartz needs some help with anger issues...and a big reality check. Of course it is her money - she makes it off of idiots like you. As for her kids, they are better off with their daddy. She doesn't even seem like she likes being around them. She admits that all she wants to do is party, she doesn't give a rip about those kids unless it's to use them for publicity. Do you REALLY think she has dealt with her issues...of course not. She will be back in the looney bin soon. You want us to stop talking about her? No publicity?? A brilliant idea, then maybe she will go away. If that happened it would just kill her and she would be out flashing her snatch in public again. She's a MEDIA WHORE who lives off of morons like you!!! Some day, if you grow up a little and get some common sense, you will be embarrassed that you ever defended her. There are MANY more talented singers out there with better values to admire - she's just not one of them. If she really wanted the help for her issues, fine, but she doesn't even seem to want that - she's not better, trust me.

Jay

Get Real-

If you are so proud and satisfied with your accomplishments, then what is motivating you to put down a young woman whom you have never met, who had a mental breakdown and is now trying to pull her life back together? Are you callous, classless, or just jealous? After all, you don't have the fame or fortune that Britney Spears has, and you probably didn't look as good as she does after two kids either.

The fact that Britney's accomplishments are different than yours does not mean that hers are any less important. In fact, some people may say that they are *Gasp* a bigger deal than yours. After all, the woman has won at least 135 awards to date, and she's only 27.

So she had a crazy few years. Why do you begrudge her the happiness you claim to possess? After all, how do you know that you wouldn't act the way she did or worse growing up in the limelight. While you were just a normal pre-teen, teen, and young adult, she was surrounded by photographers, pushed to be sexy, and was incredibly famous. I'm sure you made mistakes in your younger days, but they sure weren't plastered all over magazines, tv, and tmz. No one publicly ridiculed you if you gained a few pounds or threw on a crappy outfit to go to Starbucks. You can have bad hair days, look like crap, go to the grocery store in peace, and go to the park with your children because NO ONE CARES ABOUT YOU OR KNOWS WHO YOU ARE. You have no idea what it is like to be Britney Spears, and neither do I, which is why I choose not to judge her or put her down. I wish Britney the happiness and satisfaction that I know in life.

who has the facts? ME

Here is the difference little miss moron...She CHOOSES her lifestyle, as we all do. I will stand by my statement that she is a MEDIA WHORE who would not know what to do with herself if she was out of the limelight. She puts herself out there by flashing her snatch, and then expects to be a role model and have teenage girls emulate her and support her career. There are PLENTY of singers out there who know how to stay out of the limelight and do so with great success. Do you see Christina Aguleira, Kelly Clarkson, Beyonce, Rhianna, or Taylor Swift all over the tabloids? No, because they live their lives out of the spotlight and do not seek the camera. Do you not know that her people CALL the papparazzi when she is going out?? That is why her dad has to have custody of her and K Fed has custody of HER kids...what an accomplishment.
If she truly wants sympathy for her mental issues, then she would do what Eminem managed to do with great success DROP OUT FOR AWHILE!!! But she won't, because her fame is more important to her than her mental health and kid's stability.
I guess fame, fortune, and awards are more important to you than stability and happiness. I guess that's why you defend her...two peas in a pod. Yes I can go around in peace, the way I have chosen it. What you can't seem to fathom is that she LIKES the attention and seeks it out. But I guess as long as you are beautiful, cool, famous and rich, it's ok to be miserable and unstable, right??

Obama Hussein Barak is the Anti-Christ

Get real, 46. Jack - ypu perfectly proved my point. Anyone who would pay that kind of money to see ANYONE is an idiot. Let me guess...living at home with the folks, can't pay your bills, and put the tickets on a credit card. You seem to be proud of the fact that you spend tons of money to see these celebrities, seems pretty foolish to me.

Posted at 9:51PM on Dec 3rd 2008 by get real

GET REAL: NOPE. I live at home with my husband and one of my sons when he isn't away at college. $1,000 isn't an exhorbinant amount of money to me - when I go to a concert of someone that I really want to see or a sporting event that I really am in to, I'll pay for good seats or I'd rather not go. If you live on this planet, you know the economy is bad, but if you have invested wisely and played the game right, you can spare a few extra dollars for entertainment when you want to. Um, yes, I did put it on my credit card - you do things like that when you purchase tickets over the phone. Don't want to really put you over the edge, but two weeks after the concert, my husband and I are going to a very exclusive resort in Mexico, top accommodations, for 8 days. Oh my.

who has the facts? ME

So you have a son in college and would pay $1,000 to go and see Britney Spears? Oh my God I am so embarrassed for your kids. I was wrong - you are one of those 40 something desperate women who will go to any length to stay young. Rather I should say, Botox, boob job, lipo, trying to recapture your youth. Live life as you will, but I just don't get it. I think that I would rather age normally and raise my kids, unlike the ones raised by "parents who wnt to be friends", to have morals and values and not idolize someone on TV or in magazines. I guess we just have different values and if I had 50 million I still would not pay $1,000 to see ANYONE.
Are we suppose to be impressed that you are going to Mexico? Oh yeah, that's right. A middle aged woman who idolizes Britney Spears would only think that money, fame and trips = happiness...so sad. Again, Britney laughs at you all the way to the bank.

This is devastating.....

This is to all those britney haters--now i do not agree with every thing britney has done in her life,especially over the past couple of years--but i give her credit for changing her life around.I don't agree with all those HATERS who come on here to diss some one they do not even like.I know if i didnot like some one i would not be wasting time from my one life to comment on them & i have better things to do with my time..i also can not criticize some one because my life is not perfect either.She is handling things a lot better then i would if i were in her situation.But,i guess some of you have sucky lives so the only way to make your selves feel better is to judge others...so if you do not like her DON't come on here and criticize her you are wasting your time & life/but then again it's your life & if this is how you want to spend it & it makes you feel better go for it--it makes you people horrible people.I bet you wouldn't like it if people judge everything you did...

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4