Ruffalo Family Releases Statement

12/9/2008 10:49 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

A rep for Mark Ruffalo released the following statement on behalf of the Ruffalo family, concerning the death of Mark's brother, Scott.

"Mark Ruffalo and his family deeply appreciate the outpouring of prayers and support during this most difficult time of the passing of Scott Ruffalo, beloved son, brother and husband. The funeral service will be private. A memorial fund has been established in Scott Ruffalo's name."

Donations can be sent to:

Scott Ruffalo, Family Fund
c/o Altman Greenfield & Selvaggi, CPA's
200 Park Avenue South 8th Floor
New York, NY 10003

Susie Q

Why should we give them money when the guy's BROTHER is a movie star????

Alfalfa

Why would they need a fund? He prob got shot cause he was involved in not so legal stuff... perhaps drugs???Fund my ass

SJM

Thats pretty tacky that this family is setting up a memorial fund when the deceased's brother is a movie star. I'd rather donate money to people who actually need it.

a.j.b.

THOSE 2 TERRORIST SHOULD DIE.................

kate

This is outrageous. Beyond tacky. This is the statement they release. Shame on them. I heard through old friends at Stella Adler Academy that Mark was a cheapo and this seems to confirm it.

mr.dna

I bet all you jerks complaining about the fund have never given a penny or made a donation in your life. STFU.

KK

Many times funds are set up in lieu of sending flowers. The money is better spent on a charity than on flowers that will die within days. I've seen this done more times than not in my life...and the money is often given to a charity supporting research on whatever may have caused the death.

pie

Does Shaha Mishaal Adham have something to do with the shooting of Scott Ruffalo? Did Shaha set Scott up with a fully loaded pistol so the other boyfriend would have her all to himself? If Scott never had a chance to survive the Russian roulette game because Shaha fixed the game, Scott would want a full criminal investigation on this one. - Just a thought.

Sorry to hear of this tragedy. Scott is watching down on everybody, and would want the truth to be known. Especially if he was murdered.

Barfalufugus

I donate money to the ASPCA, RAINN, the Monterey County Food Bank and various other charities throughout the year, and I for one will not be donating money to this memorial fund. If they were more specific and said that the memorial fund were being set up to help needy children or if it were to help kids go to college that could not afford it, then I might possibly reconsider. I have no problem sharing the wealth for a needy cause, but just asking for a donation when it's not specified how the money will be helping someone is not a cause I feel comfortable donating to.

Yawn

Mr. DNA take your own advice.

I for one, give plenty to charity and especially step up my efforts at this time of year.

justmy.02

A Memorial Fund indicates that the family is going to set up charitable fund or scholarship in Scott's name (it wouldn't be unlikely, for example, if his drug problem was that severe that they would choose to sponsor a rehabilitation clinic with Scott's name attached to the gift). Whether or not he was a cocaine user and/or seller - he was still a son and a brother, and I'm sure the family is grieving; but I think the timing - to request donations in the same breath as announcing his death - is unfortunate. Who knows what they're going through, not for us to judge.

dee

Usually if the family wants donations to a specific charity instead of a charity of choice, it's requested that checks be made out to the charity and sent to their address. When a fund is set up through a bank, it's because the funds are going to the children or family of the deceased.

Pisces81

A FUND FOR WHAT? PEOPLE WHO LOSE A RUSSIAN ROULETTE? GIMME A BREAK!!

fred

I heard he was playing Russian Roulette. If this actually is true, than good for him, good for up. Natural selection, this stupid MF will never be able to contribute to the gene pool.

Hugh Jass

So the guy was playing Russian Roulette like an idiot. That means he was depressed, crying for help or partying with someone like "Stooge" Knight (as related by Vanilla Ice in the past).
Send your dollars to Toys for Tots or to a charity in Buffalo, NY.
Buffalo rhymes with Ruffalo get it?
Then get over it.