Jennifer Hudson

Back to Work After Murders

12/10/2008 6:00 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Jennifer Hudson is headed back to work, six weeks after the her mom, bro, and nephew were killed in Chicago.

Hudson's record label says she'll be working on a new video for her single "If This Isn't Love," -- ironically, the same video she was supposed to film in L.A. when she found out her family had been shot at her childhood home.

Her estranged brother-in-law, William Balfour, has been charged with three counts of first-degree murder in the case.

Gen

I feel so bad for Jennifer but at the same time I am so proud of her and I am blown away by her strength. She is the true definition of a Superwoman! Love you Jenn! Stay strong!

lesley

i think its' great that she's getting back to work; she worked very hard to get to where she's at and nothing should stop her now. she could not prevent the murders of her family members; she cannot control the actions of another person. i am happy for her and her success and i wish her the best.

Aussie Mom

While the deaths of her family are a travesty, I just don't think this girl is all that great. Yeah there are alot of one hit wonders out there I just don't care for these American Idol talents. Yeah Yeah I know alot of people who watch that stuff really get into the people who are on it and act and talk like they really know these people. Fantasy personified.... give me plain old talent who aren't all hyped up and publicized.... she is just an overated gospel singer. Tons of them out there.....

Chelsie

I am so sick about hearing about this "singer" and her loser family. Enough already.

andre

I am glad that she is trying to push past the pain,it will not be easy but she trust god with all her heart and soul she will come out on top,and the comment that was made below meGET A LIFE.sounds like you are the loser,that was pure evil what you just said..........

K.J.

Jennifer Hudson is great in all aspects of her career... That goes without being said. Anyone on here who has the audacity to say things like "i'm sick of hearing about her loser family" is someone that has an utter disrespect for human life and is full of evil.. I will continue to pray for Jennifer Hudson and her family and will also pray for the hateful souls of people who have no compassion for others and their misfortunes.. It's truly a sign of the times that we live in...

Pam

I'm glad Jennifer is going back to work. It will still be hard but good to see that she is taking steps to move forward with her life. She has an Oscar and is nominated for (4) Grammys and I ain't mad at her. And for those who thinks she doesn't have talent.......let the first person on this blog who has more than one Oscar and at least a Grammy be the first insult.

dont know

Six weeks off? Give me a break! A little much, don't you think? Wonder is her loser pig sister went back to driving her bus route? World is better off with out all these drug dealing, fat assed loser thugs.

dont know

she is trying to push past the pain--OMG. Sge knew her family was 1). Living in a bad neighborhood 2). Her fatty sister was married to a loser 3). Said loser has a long criminal record-- so what's to push past?

shav

hello!!!!!!

we already showed our condolences.....move onn,,,weirdos.....damn other can die,,,they better than nobady,,,2 be getting all the attention,,,plz,,,,get over it already.........

2056 days ago

THE CHILDREN ARE NOT BEING PROPERLY SUPERVISED...PERIOD!

If Jennifer had played "Beyonce's" part in the Cadillac movie maybe the movie would have had a chance........Beyonce can't sing nor can she act......Jennifer can.

2056 days ago

THese sternies are mean people who have no feelings

Oh , baby girl. MayGod bless you today, as you go about the business of healing. Every day gets a little better, step by step,

Tracey

I'm happy for Jennifer that she's trying to push forward. And to those who "are so tired of hearing about it," why even bother to comment. I would feel bad for any one of you, if something that tragic happened in your life.You don't have to like her but try to be decent. Masking behind the computer to be so insensitive is rather sad. It takes a strong person to want to get back out there and try to live life after having 3 relatives brutally taken away at one time. I commend her and her courage, and as a fan of hers, keep pressing on Jennifer.

pattie in cali

BLESSINGS JENNIFER, GOD BLESS YOU. BLESSINGS ON YOUR WORK. WE ARE HERE.

Dakoola

Her CD sucks ass. Stick to acting Jen. You're pretty good at it. Maybe you could do a Vegas review or a lounge act but please...don't ever make another CD this horrible. It's obvious the Music Biz does not have your best interest at heart. (Good choice on the male lead for the video though. How old was that guy...40? I remember when he used to be a calendar model)

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments