Akon Pleads Guilty in Kid Tossing Incident

12/17/2008 2:15 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Akon just pleaded guilty over that incident where he grabbed a kid and threw him off a stage at a 2007 concert -- but the singer dodged a serious bullet.

Instead of going to trial for the June 2007 teen-toss (check out the video below), the singer copped a guilty plea to the charge of harassment in the second degree, which is considered a "violation" and not a crime. Tell that to the kid..

Akon was sentenced to 65 hours community service and $350 in fines. Outside the courtroom, Akon apologized to the toss-victim's family, while the mother jokingly told him, "I could have killed you for throwing my son like that."

After the hearing, Akon's people told TMZ, "We are pleased that the case has been resolved and Akon looks forward to putting this unfortunate incident behind him."

Borat

There is a salad tossing joke in there somewhere.

andi

He sounds like a real jerk!

MarkScottMusic.com

Akon is a douche and his songs are awful. And he never even really did any time in the slammer -- as he claims. He's just a big faker. My favorite part of this is that in one version of this I've seen from another angle, you can tell there's almost no one at the stadium he's playing at. There's a bunch of folks on the field, but almost no one in the stands. Why is he even famous!?

Tucson's Rose

why is it that "rappers" or so called "artists" can get away with S&^% like this but I guarantee if one of my kids did this to someone it would be "slammer time". the more we stroke these kinds by buying their music and laughing at their behavior the more they think they can get away with it. the justice system sucks bigs one!

jessiebee

Yeah he's guilty. Just like when he threw that girl off stage too. Someone ought to throw his ass out of a airplane to see how it feels when he lands. I'd be taking his ass to court for all his $$. He sings like someone is plugging his nose. I cringe when I hear that mans voice on the radio.

catcatalac

This is in response to "Quitwhining" Not to say that Akon was right or anything, but have you forgotten all the mosh pit disasters that young kids are doing all the time. I understand if you are so ignorant that (I almost used the "N" word in reference to you)the only thing that you can see is he was black. No I don't care for his music either but I don't think the name calling or the use of the "N" word in the same paragraph as the next president of these United states is appropriate!!!

Teri

Did he do this because the kid was taunting him or was it just a random thing? Not that it matters in the least, but I am curious as to why he did it in the first place....?

TEA

A WHO?

Fox

Who the hell is Akon. It sounds like something that squirrels are having a hard time finding this year.

agent smith

First of all, lol, at East Coast. Second, Akon, u really are a d-bag and a stupid one at that.

Dixie

Who is this guy??

bree

i hate akon's music... but how can so many people not know who he is? there was like an entire year where EVERY song that came on the radio was his, or he was in it, or he wrote it, etc. god i was so over him then, and i am still so over him now.

whatthefrig

He is nothing but a hood and low life, his kind need to be in prison for the rest of their lives.

deezeey

Akon is one of those guys he not everyone knows or would recognize, but you hear his songs on the radio ALL of the time. He has some very creative and catchy tunes out there but seems like a real idiot in his personal life. Like most rap artists. Go figure.

Janet

The video is disturbing. The kid could have been killed!

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments