Gotta Go, Gotta Go, Gotta Go Right Now!

12/18/2008 8:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

At 74-years-old, acting legend Richard Chamberlain is a pretty speedy geezer -- and while out in NYC yesterday with longtime partner Martin Rabbett, guy was sounding a lot like a Detrol ad.

Richard Chamberlain: Click to watch
When you gotta go, you gotta go!

TJ

The man was an average celebrity in the 70's. He didn't have much ability, a moderate singing career and so so acting career. If this guy wasn't a homosexual, most of us wouldn't even know who he was. I know it sounds terrible, but it is so true. Although I do not hate homosexuals (infact I worked along side one for about 5 years right when I got out of depot) I do think homosexuality is wrong. I think it especially wrong was the gay community refers to a man as a legend only because he is old and gay. The truth is, he played a Dr. In the 60's, had a tiny music career, and hasn't done much of anything since. Decent celebrity? Sure. But legendary? I think not.

2096 days ago

enuf

It's obvious that most of you weren't even a twinkle in your parents' eyes when he was in his prime. I well remember Richard Chamberlain-he was a heartthrob in the 60's as Dr. Kildare-LOVED that show. The Thornbirds was on LMN just the other week and I watched the whole thing-all 5 nights-one of the best miniseries ever. He's been in a few other miniseries (Shogun comes to mind) and on the stage over the years. I think he looks great for being in his 70's.

2096 days ago

Jemima

Love him. I own The Thornbirds and watch it every couple of years. He is so good , very handsome and sexy in that movie. He is overall a class act.
Take care Richard, Merry Christmas and God Bless.

2096 days ago

JD

I am so sick of these 'mos parading their butt buddies around. It's not normal.

2096 days ago

greytalli

Those of you who don't think he has done much besides Dr. Kildare and The Thorn Birds, don't show your ignorance. Go into Richard Chamberlain's biography and see his list of work.

2096 days ago

rondo

I have no problem with homosexuals as long as they pay for their own FOR.

2095 days ago

Alexa

Dr. Kildare's love interest was Yvette Mimieux. She was such a gorgeous woman!

2095 days ago

micky

Oh, I just can't believe. I 've spent many holidays in the USA and I never thought, that there are so many bigoted people. It's his private live and he can do and be whatever he wants. No one has to judge. And for those, who don't know his work, he was and is a marvelous actor.

2072 days ago