Furious "Twilight" Fans Cyber-Attack Replacement

12/19/2008 8:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Some hardcore "Twilight" fanatics are seething over reports Taylor Lautner could be replaced in the upcoming "Twilight" sequel -- and now certain bloodsuckers are hitting his rumored replacement right where it hurts -- the dude's Facebook page.
Twilight
The actor being hit is Michael Copon -- and in recent days, his page has been bombarded with messages like "[Taylor's] done all the hardwork and so deserves it," "I don't want you playing Jacob Black in New Moon :( because Taylor is perfect" and our personal favorite: "You're a douche."

A Facebook group devoted to bashing the actor has also been created -- and so far the cyber-club, which calls itself "I REJECT Michael Copon as Jacob Black: SAVE TAYLOR NOW!" already has locked down 1,290 members.

A rep for Copon was not immediately available for comment.

Shell

I would think that athe role of a Native American character would go to an actor that was....uh, Native American.

Megan

I hate Summit for even thinking that Taylor could be replaced, you can't introduce someone to a role ( a series especially) and take it away form him/her and the movie watchers. Its just not right.

Elektra

Hey Jen(#29), you rock girl!!! Enough said!!!!

Fallinwitch

Look, considering this whole decision is out of all of our hands, we simply have to learn to accept that hollywood will do what it pleases and sadly do what "they think is best" for the movie. its sad really. i mean personally i thought taylor's performace was amazing and he needs to be congratulated for a great performace. However iam sure who ever plays the roll will do a wonderful job. so i guess what i am saying is let the best man win, so to speak.

Betty Dee

I did love the Jacob in Twilight, but he does need to make a drastic change. The movie, New Moon, needs to be able to show that. I am doubtful they can, with Lautner. In New Moon, he will much larger. A man. Not a 16 yr. boy.

I have read the series & loved all the books.

Angry Mom

Seriously? People are bashing the guy who, to my mind, looks more like Jacob should look? Taylor Lautner was okay as Jacob, but Michael Copon is almost exactly what I see when I think of Jacob Black. Give the guy a break!!

Just my opinion

Who's Taylor Lautner?
Who's Michael Copon?

Laura

Tp #18: Trust me I've done my homework on Anne Rice's vampires! I knew that she did not want Tom Cruise as Lestat, but, after she sw the movie she apologized and said that he did a great job.

Gypsy

I haven't read the books, I kinda plan on it, but I'm not a big reader. Still have to finish one book I've been reading since late-August. Haven't touched it since mid-September. I don't know if I want the original cover books (with the apple, flower, etc) or the ones with the movie covers. Which, what's with the apple? Did I miss the significance of it in the movie or did they not explain it? For those who have read more than the first book in the series, Jacob's clan = Werewolves? It's an assumption/feeling I have.
Anyone know when New Moon is suppose to be in theatres?

To post #14 (by Liz) Toby McGuire bulked up for Spider-Man, Matt Damon gained weight for one movie then lost it. So basically it can be done, if the actor takes the time and effort to make it happen. Getting taller, could wear lifts (shoes).
Yeah, I think the same character should be played by the same actor. Pirates of the Caribbean wouldn't have been the same with three different Cap. Jack Sparrows. Lord of the Rings wouldn't have been the same with three different Legaloses. Then again, changing the actors for Batman and James Bond seems to have worked, but most of those don't go chronilogically, so it's not the same situation.
Regardless of if Jacob gets a new face I'm going to see the rest of the movies. And hey, if replacing Taylor with Michael stops 12-year-olds from going to the movies and "howling" whenever one of the guys shows up topless or when Bella and Edward kiss (basically ruining the movie experience for everyone else), totally fine with me.

bonita valencia

ok you kids seriously didnt think that taylor laurent would beable to play in the second movie ..............if you have read the book and i mean really read it then you would know that jacob black is suppose to look older stronger and taller in the movie .........and wats the problem with micheal copon hes .....HOTT!!!!!!! seriously you kids are stupid for sending things to hiis facebook i mean come on thats lame you guys grow up and get alife ........................ITS JUST A MOVIE!!!!!!!!!!!! I TOTALLY AGREE WITH COMMENT #14

Anna

OMG noone will c the movie if they replace him!!

socal

Haha. I'm a Twilight fan wanting Taylor to act in the 2nd movie, but this is just sad.

The crazy fans need to get a life.

Nancy

Loved the books, but after I saw the movie, I left saying how impressed I was with the casting except the "Jacob". The actor didn't remotely look or act like how I personally would have seen him. Then I heard many other fans felt the same way. The next movie has to be "carried" in large part by the jacob character and Taylor can't do that. I haven't seen the proposed replacement, but they need a big hunky guy who can compete with the Edward character.

Stefanie

i hate when they change actors in the movies...i just hope that who ever is added to the cast also signes for the other sequels

i HATE JACOB BLACK CHARACTER BUT I THINK TAYLOR IS PERFECT FOR IT AND THEY SHOULD JUST USE SPECAIL EFFECTS FOR NEW MOON AND I KNOW HE WIL BE MORE GROWN FRO THE OTHER SEQUELS

Angel