Oprah Winfrey Honored ... We Think

12/20/2008 11:53 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Oprah WinfreyNow The Big O has really made it.

PETA has bestowed upon Oprah Winfrey its "Person of the Year" award. She will receive a plaque and a letter of appreciation -- kinda like when your kid gives you a "World's Greatest Mom" t-shirt.

Using human hair instead of animal hair in weaves and wigs is very PETA-friendly.

sliab

So, PETA is honoring a whale who cares

2028 days ago

Bob

Now if both the U.S. and the U.N. will name PETA the terrorist group of the year and put a bounty on them we will have something fun to hunt.

2028 days ago

bew

Biggest racist that ever walked the earth. Hitler was nothing compared to this hag, but this hag has fooled all the fat little white housewives of America.

2028 days ago

They about to get paid!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think this bitch's time is up,I will never watch her show again,Harpo can kiss my ass,

2028 days ago

HARDY-HAR-HAR

This is a perfect example of how retarded PETA is.

Oprah wears leather jackets, leather skirts, leather pants, and every single day... leather shoes!

Are they forgetting where leather comes from? ANIMALS! Duh.

2028 days ago

HARDY-HAR-HAR

I guess it's because of the Puppy Mill and caged animal awareness shows? I agree- good job O! Those helped bring a lot of needed awareness to the masses, and a lot of animals will live better lives because of those shows.

2028 days ago

ParisNauseatesMe

I cannot help but remember how, during the middle of the pet food contamination ordeal that killed over 3,000 animals, that she did not once devote even a portion of her show to spreading the word about the toxic melamine. Probably because she would have lost any pet food sponsorship. I think her love for animals is exaggerated.

2028 days ago

3K

Dear Oprah-
You are the best!
Love Ya!
Gayle

2027 days ago

Go Sarah!

These two deserve each other!

2027 days ago

Butterfly

GAYLE, #23. I doubt you are the "real" Gayle, Ms Oprah's long time friend. If you are, she would drop you like a red hot potato if you failed to cow-tow to her and her commands and wishes. Also, I believe YOU would drop HER if she failed to continue to shower you with riches, gifts, a prominent place in her vast holdings, etc, etc, etc. She dropped Steadman Graham after he outlived his usefulness and was a tremendous asset for her career. Reports are, she did not even visit his ailing mother. Loyalty, at its best! I doubt she will treat Obama as shabbily as that. She can't afford it, and neither can you.

2027 days ago

poopsi

peta aint nothing but a fake ass wannabe using animals for thier own insecurities and mishaps in life,how many of them wear diamonds ?? do they know how many men .women and children were slaughtered because of the bling, the only endangered species are black men

2026 days ago

john

This is my first visit to this website, and I can't believe how hate filled people are, with their thinly veiled racist comments. Oprah is great. She's done more for the world than any of the posters on this site. Get over it. She's a rich beeeeyotch and you can't stand to see a black woman on top of the list of the world's richest people, or a blackman on top of the list of the world's most powerful people.

2023 days ago