Halle's Kid

Warm Bundle or PETA Target?

1/15/2009 1:35 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

So we just had a pretty intense debate in our newsroom this morning over Halle Berry dressing Nahla in some sort of fur in NYC on Wednesday. Some people felt it makes the baby a target for PETA, because it looks like real fur.

0221_media_removed-1
Others felt Halle can do whatever she damn pleases.

Halle's rep says it's "a poly cotton blend of faux shearling." Oh.

texgirl

Ok, I would not dress a baby in fur, that's my opinion. However, it is her daughter and she can dress her how she wants. At least she has a coat on the child. As for if the coat is real or not, there are so many varying opinions who knows. I will say if it is not fur, it seems like a good faux fur. Halle seems to be a more involved parent than most celebs, and what is wrong with a little help. To me it appears the guy is just holding the child so that Halle can get in the car.

poppy

ALL THIS DRAMA BECAUSE IT TOOK 3 PEOPLE TO PUT A BABY IN THE CAR TO GO TO THE STORE TO BUY SOME MORE FUR!!!!!!!!

mary

I hope it isnt real fur. It looks like Mink though. *vomits* There are sooo many fake furs or cute coats they could have put her in. Fur is just pointless to wear now adays. People only wear it as a statis symbol of how much money they have.

go away

I only wear real fur and I could not care less what PETA or any other cult thinks.

weezy

Halle is an animal lover! That is not real fur people!

bjb

Even those nut-jobs at PETA wouldn't attack a baby...would they?

should be working

Would we expect anything less then fur?
The kid is named after a character from the Lyon King!

Bex

That IS real fur, people!

!!

PERHAPS... that's a family member, or friend, putting the baby in the car.

Havent ANY of you parents EVER allowed a family member / friend to carry your child out to the car?

GOOOOD DAYMN GRIEF!!

Glenda

TMZ your key word in this article was "looks" like real fur. Just a bunch of young no nothings with TMZ.

Cherish

Dallas - What makes wearing fur gluttonous ?? Its actually pretty darn natural. Would you call Native Americans on the carpet for being gluttonous?? lol Its a choice. I also choose not to wear fur. But if you choose to wear fur or someone else chooses to wear fur then that is their right. Why is that you people decide your way is the only way and then chastise everyone else for not living your ideal? Why dont you let your next door neighbor worry about their place in the world. And you just worry about you and yours hey!

Anteah

Alright.. It doesn't matter if it is a real fir. Just as it doesn't matter if it's real boobs or drawn when it comes to them being shown on daylight TV (which is unfortunate, but nevertheless..). What i mean is that even the remote reference to a real thing will cause a reaction when the person is in teh spotlight. Yes, I am a PETA member, and no I am not "crazy" in terms of needing to attack an infant, but I say she has all the money in the world to dress her kid in some hip nice little animal-free clothes and they choose fake or real (frankly almost makes no difference) coat that eve looks kind of dumb. Just shows the intention.. or lack of there of. Thoughtfullness is everything when that many eyes are on you.

Guess Who?

Has PETA replaced God or the government? Halle and anyone else can put whatever they choose to on their bodies or the child's body. PETA doesn't pay hers or anyone elses bill. They need to fall back and realize this is a free country. If I could afford a fur coat for myself and my child, I would certainly where if I chose to. And, I would dare PETA to mention my name or even step to me. You folks are giving them too much authority over your lives and the world. They are not God or gods. They are people like you and me sharing our ideas with the world. And, they better watch how they share it. Not everyone will bow to their commands. SMDH! I wish they would.

sean

That's Halle's baby?

She gave birth to one of the teddy bear aliens from the Star Wars movies?

Catie

Who gives a crap whether the fur is real or not? I'm not a Halle fan, but she has the right to dress her baby any way she deems fit. If she wants to put a real fur on her baby to keep her warm, that's her prerogative.

Previous 15 Comments | 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments