Marty Ingels Takes on TMZ

1/15/2009 5:10 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

So, Harvey Levin went to the Chateau Marmont Hotel in Hollywood last night where Howard Bragman, a publicist, was having a book signing ("Where's My Fifteen Minutes?"). Levin goes down the elevator to leave, the door opens in the lobby and there is comedian/actor Marty Ingels ... who was really pissed.

Marty Ingels: Click to view!

Last month we showed the surveillance tape shot at a Burbank hat store. Cops had sent the case to the Burbank City Attorney but last week the City Attorney announced no charges would be filed.

Last night, Ingels said we did him wrong and that the hat he took out of the store was his own and he didn't steal anything.

We got Marty (who's married to Shirley Jones) on tape this AM to tell his story.

More about the confrontation on TMZ TV tonight!

99centz

I believe you Marty...thank you for Dec 21st.1998!!!

mary

I can't believe Shirley Jones married this guy,she has so much class.......and he doesn't.

L

#2: It's incomrepehnsible to me, too, why she stays married to him.

h20

Isn't that the Brady house in the background?

Victoria

MARY....I agree with you...but with that being said...I do beleive Mr. Ingels side of the story...

.and post script...the cameraman sounds like an idiot.

TMZ FAN

He's crazy!! I wish he would just go away

sparkys nemesis

Poor Shirley. Oh well, it could alwayz be worse. She could live in Voorhees NJ:)

filmguy

Marty Ingels, YOU ROCK!!!

someday

this guy is cool....glad tmz posted him in a good light...without SPECULATION...
and yes, the guy with the camera (i wouldn't call him a cameraman), is lowlife and sounds like an idiot....where does TMZ get these employees????? from the show, to these shots, they don't even sound like high school grads.

diana

Marty is so FUGLY, plus he steals, cheap S.O.B., how embarrassing at your age!

billyboyhere

Marty Ingels once said of his wife (of 26 years), “She lives in a world of flowers and frenzy and sees only flowers.” He also said that when they got married in 1977, she received gifts from all over the world - and he received 16 letters of disbelief and two death threats.

Well Marty---the above says it all doesnt it---your own words too.

DT

OMG!! This guy's fricken hilarious!!! GENIUS!!! When you're done with it, YOUTUBE IT PLEASE!!!!

my 3 cents

I watched the whole tape.
I don't think it was his intention to steal any hats.
Case closed.
Now, whats the deal with the black hat on his head, does he work as the Monopoly Guy on the weekends or does he ride the horse carriages on the weekend in NYC?
Please bring back HIEDI AND SPENCER i need to make fun of them.

Wanda W.

This man is as crazy as a...t house rat!!!!! Wanda

Lauri

Apparently, someone has stolen Santa's hat and replaced it with an ugly hat.

| 1 | 2 | 3 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments