Cabinet Spouses Have Their Last Supper

1/17/2009 5:30 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

With no good times to reminisce on, the spouses of George W. Bush's cabinet gathered together this week for a final luncheon that at least featured some good eats.

Georgetown's 1789 Restaurant hosted the affair on Wednesday, which featured Laura Bush and Lynne Cheney. The main course featured gave the spouses three options:

-- Roasted free range chicken with Jerusalem artichoke purée, roasted fennel, hedgehog mushrooms and chicken jus.

-- Maryland style crab cakes with parsley spaetzle, honey glazed baby parsnips, roasted hazelnuts and Madeira

-- Chesapeake Bay rockfish with Nantucket Bay scallops, black trumpet mushrooms, celery root and smoked golden trout roe.

None of which could mask the bitter taste of the last eight years.

Dan

Good Grief, thank for that commen. You hit it right on th nail. My only worry is tat xinuns is still too dim-witted to figure out your post. I love the morons who still think Obama isn't a citizen..

Dear idiots, don't you think that would have been something that would have been found out and been reported? Let me guess, your other theory is that aliens visit us every Friday night, right? Ha ha ha ha

2003 days ago

Dan

Another Sarah Palin joke gem:

"The question she keeps asking at all of the rallies is, 'Who is Barack Obama?' You know what, genius, maybe if you'd picked up a newspaper in the last year you'd know. He's the guy who's kicking your ass." -- Jon Stewart

2003 days ago

Dan

OK, and the finale for Palin jokes:

"She kept reaching out to Joe Sixpack. That's because her answers make more sense after six beers." --David Letterman

2003 days ago

OENU

Personally, I am glad that Bush will be gone in a few days. He has been one of the worst presidents in history. If you look back, what did he do that actually helped the US? It will take several years for anyone to undo what Bush has destroyed in the past eight years.

2003 days ago

Leeloo

You wrongly assume that all of your readers are Obama supporters and/or Bush haters. Get over yourselves and stick to the cheap insignificant celebrity news. I am so sick of celebrities thinking they have the right to speak up for the whole country. Stick to what you know. Politics aren't what you know.

2003 days ago

Truth

I think stories about the Bush administration definitely qualify as "cheap insignificant celebrity news." So you've gotten what you wished for.

2003 days ago

poppy

I WILL NEVER UNDERSTAND WHY LAURA IS WITH GEORGE. SHE IS BEAUTIFUL, INTELLIGENT, AND A NICE PERSON, ALL OF WHICH HE IS NOT.

2003 days ago

Change is coming...oh noooooo......

With the Democratic congress in charge and our new puppet President in their back pocket, we will all soon be longing for the good old days that we've enjoyed the past 8 years. Yes, I love Bush and I'll bet that I am a much more optimistic and successful person than the majority of you on here bad mouthing our current President. Laura is with him because she deeply loves and respects her husband and even though the liberal media has tried to spread rumors that there was trouble in paradise, their marriage is solid as a rock and Laura gets served coffee in bed every morning by her good looking hunky husband. What gal could not love a man like that? All the best to you Laura, and may God bless you as you'll go down in history as one of the most genteel and gracious first ladies there ever was. We are going to miss you darlin'. Have a great life and all the best to you and your husband who has done a fabulous job of keeping watch over our country and the safety of it's citizens for the past 8 years. All our love goes out to you!

2003 days ago

Go Sarah!

I consider a "good time" not being attacked again since 9/11.

2002 days ago

Go Sarah!

Good times = no White House sex scandals

2002 days ago

Kat

Dan,

You are a disgusting b'astard with your dirty remarks about Palin. There are plenty of people in U.S. who have children who had babies out of wedlock. That does not mean they are trash.

2002 days ago

Mariah

I am so sick of hearing about the hundreds of thousands of Iraqis Bush "murdered". There are casualties of war in every war. I am surprised he doesn't get held responsible for every heart attack and stroke as well. Forget about the mass graves still being dug up today filled with bodies slaughtered by the glorious Saddam Hussein (seriously misunderstood gentleman). I guess because we can't call the troops "baby killers" to their faces anymore (liberals see how rude that is now) we just lay it all at the feet of the President. Well, it is now President-Select Obama's turn to be called a warmonger and baby killer. Because babies, mothers, children, and elderly will continue to be used as human shields in the Middle East as they have for decades. But because it is Obama all of a sudden we will find good reason to be at war. People thinking Obama is going to pull troops from the Middle East are sorely mistaken.

2002 days ago

Truth

"we will all soon be longing for the good old days..."

Ah, yes, the "good old days" when Bush tore up the Constitution and issued signing statements saying he would ignore lawfully passed legislation. The "good old days" when our nation was internationally shamed by becoming an unlawful torturer. The "good old days" when the federal government was unable to effectively administer citizen relief after a natural disaster. The "good old days" when we invaded a sovereign nation for no good reason at all. The "good old days" when religion and government unconstitutionally mingled. The "good old days" when the Republicans led witch hunts against a peaceful, law-abiding internal group because they were a minority. The "good old days" when 80% of the nation's wealth was filtered to 3% of its population. The good old days when Republicans lifted banking regulations so we could wind up in a Depression. The "good old days"... my lord, you are a tool. I'll bet you miss having the mumps and look back fondly on having chickenpox. Those are about as "good" as these last eight years have been.

2002 days ago

Truth

"There are plenty of people in U.S. who have children who had babies out of wedlock. That does not mean they are trash."

Well, I'd agree with you but Sarah Palin's church says they are filthy sinners. So I guess you don't agree with Sarah or her church, do you? Good for you, because religious fanatics are dangerous people and we are so lucky we didn't wind up with another one in The White House.

2002 days ago

Kat

No, I don't agree with Palin's church doctrine at all. I believe no matter what background we come from that we can make things better for ourselves. My husband was born out of wedlock, and he is the best father to our children and spouse to me. He has made something out of his life and so has his brother.

2002 days ago