Chief Justice Screws Up Oath -- Obama Blanks

1/20/2009 2:38 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

So the oath didn't go particularly well, and here's why. Chief Justice John Roberts screwed up the second line and it seems that threw Obama off track.

Obama oath: Click to watch
The oath, found in Article II Section I of the Constitution, reads, I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the office of President of the United States....

The Chief asked Obama to repeat these words, "...that I will execute the office of President to the United States faithfully...." It's "of" the United States and the word "faithfully" should have come before the word "execute."

After that, Obama blanked. Could this be a conservative conspiracy?

Stay tuned!

south

The Chief Justice is the one who changed the words from the way the oath is supposed to be said. Our President was probably thrown off by the error of the Chief Justice saying the oath incorrectly.

hahahaha!

Jeezelouise is just another bitter racist republican talking out her a$$... man they can't take it, funny and sad the nonsense and hate they will try and vomit on the rest of us. Gonna be a long 4yrs for these people! LOL ... newsflash Jeeze, not many of us could feel as duped or disappointed in a leader as we have for the last 8YEARS with Bush.. so nice try but you just make yourself look stupid with your bitter and ignorant comments.

Tracy

He obviously doesn't need a teleprompter or whatever the heck that is. He KNEW the oath and that is why he waited to it to be told to him correctly. I think this is going to be a GREAT change. I'm very excited about our future and hope that it doesn't take him to long to get us out of the MAJOR slump we are in right now.

jfp

I didn't like the "when white's see what's right" thing either. Many white's died bringing freedom to black's. That was a recist hate speech.

Dyna ™

47. I am relying on President Obama to fix the government. It's been broken far too long.

Posted at 1:15PM on Jan 20th 2009 by Dyna ™

Thats the problem -relying on a crook to fix your problems. You think your poster boy didnt know about all of the corruption in Chi Town? If you dont you are truly duped by fame and celebrity. This country doesnt need a new pitch man with slogans and speeches, we need people to take personal responsibility for their actions and behaviors. Just "do the right thing" You must have an A.R.M. and are hoping ol Barry will pay the banks off for you. Whatta twit. The government is broken because of greed and corruption, something Barry Obama knows a lot about.

Posted at 1:32PM on Jan 20th 2009 by jeezlouise

Yet, you only copied part of my post. The sentence before that stated we should fix ourselves. We didn't elect Barack Obama to be President of Ilinois. You really need to stop trolling and trying to pick fights with everyone. You can go back to you're cave now Dubya, I mean jeezlouise. You're kind is so last administration. Buh bye!

jeezlouise

Im not against the country you cow! I love that I am an American, I love America. I never wrote I hated the country.

Im not negative- Just disgusted by how weak and stupid people are now. You probably bought Paris Hiltons C.D. too. Idiot.

You are the same people that voted Bush to a second term then complained about him.

And He is Bi-racial- Half white you morons! You voted for a White man, running on the Black man ticket. There in lies you stupidity. Would you have voted for his White skin? You would have voted for Kim K if she promised you free money.
Okay, now I am just ranting- because you are all so stupid. The best thing Barry O can do is fix our school system so we dont continue to turn out dummies.

.:Loki 4Ever:.

49, 50.. you are right. He knew the oath and was waiting for it to be spoken correctly. this is TMZ just looking for more blog hits.. sad!

.:Loki 4Ever:.

Jeez.. you don't think its against this country to call your fellow man "idiots?"

jeezlouise

Lovely, stupid Dyna TM-

I dont worship politicians- I worship God. Thats the diff between you and me thats all- I didnt vote for that idiot Bush- Now go change your babys diaper, you must be bad mother.

Rebie Johnson

jeezlouise, girl you need to head back to gillian's island, it wasn't the presidents' (damn, i love saying that) fault, the justice (roberts) screwed up royally.

99centz

1st the nba....now the president.....next we b taking over the nhl...............

SJ

What do you call a well-groomed, well-spoken, Harvard educated, African-American lawyer sitting behind the desk of the Oval Office of the White House in the capital of the United States of America?

How you answered this question bears initially on the first response that came to mind. Your first thought is YOUR true answer. How did you measure up? Be honest.

Crosspost this everywhere you can to allow others to reflect upon themselves during this historic moment in U.S. history.

.:Loki 4Ever:.

Jeez, you say you are a God fearing person.. then why in the WORLD are you bad-mouthing EVERYONE on here? Ever heard of compassion?? Wow, you are sad.. really.

susan

News reports just said that he may not have even taken the oath, due to his stumbling and it may go to the Supreme Court. Now, I really dislike him personally but can only hope he helps the stock market recover.

eric

something to think about on this great day of change...