Sam Shepard Guilty of Very Drunken Driving

2/11/2009 8:28 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Sam ShepardIt's hard to dispute a .175 blood alcohol level -- which is why actor Sam Shepard just pled guilty to DUI and speeding.

Shepard -- who starred in "The Notebook" and "Swordfish" -- told an Illinois judge during today's 20-minute hearing, "I never intend to drive under the influence again... it's not worth it." Sam was busted last month for driving 46 MPH in a residential zone while sauced.

He was fined $600 plus court costs, placed on 24 months court supervision, has to complete an alcohol treatment course and 100 hours of community service, according to the pantagraph.com.

Dr. Adams

too fast where are you?

csm2284

oh geez. lameeeeeeeeeee
people dont drink and drive c'mon!

Wow

For the sake of everyone else on the road, I hope he means it.

L

It's not worth it?!?! You mean the fine and the inconvenience of coming to court? How about "My gawd! I could have killed innocent people by doing that! I'm so ashamed!" Dumb ass.

2029 days ago

Trophy wife Slim and Trim!!!!

He didn't hurt anyone... This is a waste of tax payers money... get chris brown... GD IT

Chucky

"too fast where are you" That's on a residential zone (road). and that is way too fast.

RUSerious

That's It??? Just a little fine of 600??? He needs to come down to AZ and get a real punishment. That would be considered Super Extreme DUI and would be an AUTOmatic 45 Days in Tent City with up to $2500 in Fines!! Not to mention all the alcohol classes and the IGNITION Interlock!
Dude Got Off Soooo Dam Lucky!!

DeeDee

I totally agree with the poster "L". That is exactly what I thought of when I read it. You wonder if he thought it would have been worth it if he hadn't been caught? He's a total alkie. They cannot assume responsibility.

Dr. Adams

Please be advised you must have proof of ID with you in order to
claim your prize, and proof of being first to post
20 times.

Posted at 7:10PM on Feb 11th 2009 by TeeMmmmmmmZ

LOL!

99centz

sorry,but im enjoying my new copy of si the swimsuit edition....i'll get back to you....

99centz

IM TOOFASTFORYOU!TOOFASTFORYOU!TOOFASTFORYOU!TOOFASTFORYOU!TOOFASTFORYOU & TOOFASTFORYOU!IM THE GENERAL OF THE TMZ ARMY! FORWARD MARCH.....HUT TWO......

liddy

how dare you try and i do mean try and make a joke about my country and the young guy that not only has helped save hundreds of lives homes but also the wildlife here you really need to grow up i use to wonder why my dad refered to the yanks as septic tanks well now i know why you are a very small minded little man and i for one along with my mates will never have any respect for yanks like you hope they close this site down you are nothing but a wanker

DARKMAN

Nothin to run over!.Get back to work...stop screwin off.Right says ruthie ann lackey harrold.

hmmm..

600$? I was fined 1700 $ WTF??????????

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments