NAACP Awards Fashion

2/13/2009 9:03 AM PST BY TMZ STAFF

The NAACP Image Awards Show style is always changing, but one thing is certain ... bad (and some good) fashion is fun!

Launch Photos

WENDELL JAMES

#27 YOU ARE ABSOULTELY CORRECT I AM WEARING D&G GREAT EYE. AND RIGHT AGAIN IT AINT CHEAP, I BET THE CRITICS CAN'T AFFORD YOUR CLOTHES. AND IT DOES WORK FOR ME, I WEAR ALOT OF YOUR FASHIONS AND MOST PAPARAZZI LOVE IT LAST YEAR I MADE EXTRA'S BEST DRESSED LIST AT THE SAME AWARDS SHOW. SO HA HA CRITICS. CAN'T AND DON'T INTEND TO PLEASE EVERYBODY. YALL YOU GOT TO DO YOU.

2008 days ago

a lot of you are really lame

Dave

Looks like a clown show.

jast

Has any one informed the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People that a colored person has advanced to the highest position in the United States. Why hasn't this race based organization disbanded already?

gog

WILL THERE EVER BE A ALL WHITE AWARDS SHOW. HOW ABOUT A NAAWP ?

Anonymous

"Riverboy" - Sure. Just as soon as white people go through 400 hundred years of slavery and 100 years of lynchings and segregation, and 40 years of 2nd class citizenship. Then you can have all the award shows you want.
Toodles.

gog

SURE HAPPY OUR PRESIDENT DOESN'T LIVE IN THE PAST.

billyboyhere

Things and life and such were so much easier for black and whites alike during Jim Crow---as long as the black man stayed where he was supposed to there was never any trouble...blacks want to be with blacks and whites want to be with whites---whats so wrong with that? Whites should have done more in the way of investment and support to keep it that way instead of the violence they introduced... And when blacks didnt obey that, they got theirs, just as whites should have had they wanted to venture into the Black areas.....Integration isnt working, I'm tired of it being legislated that I must like a black person. I dont..and they dont like me...so why is there insistence we MUST live and work and recreate together? Blacks dont want to party with Whites---you all know that and so do we.

I mean look at the Will I Am guy. He's an absolute joke of a performer and person. Who the heck would want someone like him coming around where you live? His music is awful, his words even worse yet Oprah makes him a hero that we are supposed to or instructed to worship? Puh Leeze...look at that get up of his---an imitation of looking like a black man back from the days of when black men were happier than they are now, that is for sure.

Notice how the music of the 4 Tops and Temptations and Bo Diddley that were so honored on Grammy Night were of Times and Places that Black People and White People for that matter, truly were happier in. This nonsense and that insutling "Rap Pack" was an absolute disgrace to an entire Race. No wonder Chris Brown couldnt make it, he was too busy living up to the reputation that Rap music has made of a Black man and how a Black or any color woman should be treated by such "man".

Shameful---and you know it is, but take the predictable route of shouting "hater and racist" while the abuse and nonsense gets even worse. It will never change, even with a black president because white people will not bow down to the dumbing down of America that black people want us to. We want to excel, not stay at the same place, go backward and look to others all the time to do the work and we "get over'...thats a Black mans lament.

Number 5's response above is the exact reason why it will never change...so you stay in your corner, and I'll stay in mine. No dumbing down for me---Axe me where I's stays?...

I wont sign up for that Ebonics being the official language to be spoken. Its lazy and written by victims.

Thank god for the right to express myself----and those who dont agree will attack with a vegenace, thank god they are allowed to do that too..but it wont change me. I've seen enough... the Black culture and Race is lost, an entire generation was lost to the Rap Thuggery Hip Hop hatred for all that is America. MLK would be embarrassed by you all.

This isnt what he had in mind for little black boys and little black girls----how did an entire Race look the other way while this wretched "music" was allowed to ruin your young? You are as bad as Bud Selig was for Steroids ruining baseball...he and you both fiddled while rome burned.

Dave

Pretty sad there is only 5 comments on this story. And #5 anonymous, class is what you bring on youself.

nonoway

Black folks are the tackiest dressers i've ever seen. Get some class man!

CHELSI CLECKLER

This goes to the person who responded to Riverboy and signed Toodles. You said when white people go through 400 hundred years of slavery and 100 years of lynchings and segregation, and 40 years of 2nd class citizenship. Then whites can have all the award shows you want. You never went through it so get over it. The more you dwell on it the more it will stay around. Personally it's not EQUAL (you know what we try so hard to be) to have an all black award show and not an all white show. So it looks like me that its black being racist now. Not the whites so get over it. Blacks are the ones keeping the race issue around because they us it as a crutch to lean on when they don't get what they want.

TOODLES

Mik

Wow! The 3 guys from "the Wiz"

DJ

Never seen so many racists. Must be all redneck inbreds in here.

DJ

Oh, and there is an All white awards show. Its called the Oscars!

colbys woman

Why do they all dress like such clowns? All they need now is a fleet of tiny cars with big horns. Oh, by the way, PLEASE tell me which black person/persons have been slaves for 400 years and segregated for 100 years cause I have yet to meet one...

signed, .just a woman who now has the vote......long after blacks got the right to vote.

Aother note -- the Oscars is an "all white awards how"? Bet Hattie McDaniel, Sidney Poitier, Lou Gossett Jr., Whoopi Goldberg and Denzel Washington don't know that...ignorant ass.

| 1 | 2 | Most Recent | Next 15 Comments