John Connor's Dad: Bale Rant "Kinda Sad"

3/3/2009 4:00 PM PST BY TMZ STAFF

Fighting against Skynet is one thing -- but when it comes to screaming at a DP on set, certain "Terminator" stars don't always have each other's backs.

Michael Biehn: Click to watch
Michael Biehn, who played John Connor's dad in the original "Terminator," says Christian Bale's "T4" tirade never would have flown with him -- and that Bale's gotta remember he's only playing "f**king John Connor."

Biehn-aholic since "Kyle Reese"

Sorry to rain on your parade, Drewbert, but I've met Michael....had a very long and really nice dinner with him in fact......and he is definitely *NOT* gay. Neither is he a "douche bag in person" as some of you critics have implied. He is quite charming, funny, warm and gracious, especially when asked about his family or his passion for acting.

Michael is simply Michael, a human being who puts his pants on one leg at a time just like the rest of us and who just happens to make his living as an actor. He has been in the business for years (a sign of his significant but often underutilized and under-appreicated talent) and Michael knows the ins-and-outs of the political correctness of the industry. (a.k.a. he's not stupid!)

As for MB's political views and optimism regarding our new president, well, *somebody* needs to do something and it sure beats the heck out of doing nothing........and I'm not even a Democrat.........or a Republican for that matter.........God help us!

2064 days ago

Jersey

RE: #35 (Biehn-aholic)

>>>Michael knows the ins-and-outs of the political correctness of the industry. (a.k.a. he's not stupid!)

So why is he talking about another actor the way he is? I'm sure he wouldn't like it. He's talking about an actor not being professional, but he is?

>>>He didn't "volunteer" his opinion on Bale's rant; he was asked for it by the crew at TMZ who went looking for him, not the other way around. It was pretty obvious that there was definitely more Michael could have said about it but he wisely refrained from giving a "complete and candid" answer.

He seemed to be talking an awful lot about it. "I have no comment on the subject" would be something that you would say if you were refraining from giving a comment.

>>>What he *did* say was politically correct and in no way a critique or opinion about what happened or why........as in and I quote, "I have no opinion about that."

He said an awful lot about something that he wasn't even there about. And he kept saying, very sad. He knew who he was talking to...TMZ. He knew it would go all over the web. He had no respect for a fellow actor, I'm sure the same respect he would have wanted to be given to him.

>>>Of course, other than to say that Bale wouldn't have gotten away with talking like that to him......Michael likes to workout by boxing....I've seen his arms up close. Believe me, Bale may be younger but he wouldn't stand a chance.

Whatever. Empty and glorified statement. You and Biehn may be right, and I'm sure you men probably got a hard on just thinking about it. However, everyone seems to want to fight everyone just to make them appear to be the consumate badass. Again, that sounded extremely professional?

2064 days ago

Joanne Edwards

Michael Biehn was totally hot in the 80s and 90s, especially Aliens and Navy Seals. I have a lot of his movies. I agree with some of the other posts here...I would totally do him today, as he is still hot for 50. He has been underrated, but I think he has had a pretty decent career. Nice to see him out and about. You go Michael!

2061 days ago

Luna

Yeah, he's smokin' hot. And yes, like everyone who has posted an opinion here, Michael Biehn also has a right to an opinion. He didn't insult Bale's character or call him any names--he simply said that it was "sad" that something like that went down on set. Frankly, it WAS sad, so I don't see how he was overstepping any 'professional actor' boundaries there.

It's really good to see him on here--hopefully, the more folks who are reminded that this guy is a great onscreen presence, the more projects we'll see him in in the future.

2057 days ago

Rapunzel

What's sad Michael, is that you feel the need to blow off whoever you were talking to on the phone, to speak to a roving dirt digging reporter, to slag off a fellow actor who's had more success than you have ever known and that this is the only way your name will be connected with Terminator Salvation.

2017 days ago

FIRST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2068 days ago

Chevy Girl

Love Michael Biehn! Where has he been?

2068 days ago

dave

cool dude.

2068 days ago

allen antrim

He was great in terminator, but as far as his opinion that Obama is the man to pull us out of our crisis (I guess the rest of us won't have to do anything-Obama is divine, or is he?), well I guess he lost the edge of spotting new models of terminators.

2068 days ago

james

GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!! He's done 3 movies with Director James Cameron!! Cameron is LEGENDARY in his horrible temper and screaming at people!!

2068 days ago

Lynn

Who is this dude?!

2068 days ago

Jezzy

He was a hottie in Aliens and The Abyss. Not too bad for over 50, still very do-able!

2068 days ago

jaye

Hot heads like Bale know who they can pull that crap with. He's a classic case for anger management, but he won't get it because he doesn't think he has a problem.

2068 days ago

cori

god is he still doable!

2068 days ago

Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President

Jesus, Lynn, how old are you, 12? Better yet, can't you READ? It says right in the article that he played John Connor's father in the original Terminator! He was also in Aliens, if you need another BIG film for him to be noteworthy.

He was hot as hell back then, and he's still pretty frickin' hot now!

2068 days ago